MAMEdOX 1.5

BritneysPAIRS

I've got a question... I noticed on your 2nd screenshot that the background behind the skin is black. In HK$'s build the background is grey, so unless you overscan the skin you have this ugly grey edge around the skin. The problem with overscanning is that some games have their scores and other hud elements very close to the edge sometimes they can get a bit cut off if you overdo it. Anyway, is that black background an actual part of the skin, or that done elsewhere in the emulator itself?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess its all good, the screen tearing thing worked really badly. And the tearing I didnt see before became really bad would you play send me the cpp for graphics manager so I can check I did it correctly

Also is it PAL / NTSC thing? 50/60hz thing

Anyway Ive done it all bar adding in old midway stuff if it goes and testing light gun as I dont have one. Id disagree with HK$ you should just intergrate all the MamedOX stuff then you would only need one EMU :thumbsup1:. Cheers I though people where all using your build but lately I had a huge amount of people coming back so I personally would like to see the 2 intergrated into one. Cheers

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

I only changed the background color of the TV adjust screen to black so that it's easier to adjust it.

In fact I can add the changes which BritneysPAIRS done for MAMEdOX. But I wont. The emus need to have different features.

I told you how to fix the vsync because it's a core issue, but the other features I added are not that important as it.

If I add all the features of MAMEdOX into MAMEoX128, and you add all the features of MAMEoX128 into MAMEdOX, then what's that? MAMEdOX or MAMEoX128? What's the difference? I think you will agree with me :P

I only changed the background color of the TV adjust screen to black so that it's easier to adjust it.

No, you misunderstand what I'm talking about. On 128 Plus! if you adjust the skin so that it doesn't extend to the edge of the screen you end up with a grey border around the skin.

Look at the second screenshot BP posted... see how the skin itself doesn't go to the edge of the screen? See how the rest is black? Your emulator puts grey where BP's version puts black. The black looks better, IMO.

• 3 weeks later...