MAMEdOX 1.5

BritneysPAIRS

I see HK released a new build with many more options, im about to release a new build with many options gone...... I know this sounds bad but it will be reskined and alot easier for normal people to select roms in a far more intutive way

It should work alot easier and be pretty (and chokemanic may help with PM3 skin, hope he does),

a few changes are :

stuff like Year if sorted by year is displayed unless viewed by Name as its only needed then if you hold Y to fast find.

Sort methods are Now only Name, Year, Most Used and Type.

Many other changes have been made to make it easier for people that want to sort and pick roms and dont want a million options on the front interface to confuse them. Oh coarse the options in the menus are very large. Best of all the mod will be a 2-3 megs and you get to keep intact all your old rom set. Its 90 percent finished now, experenced people can ask for beta so I can tune it alittle more for everyone.

Take care

Mame1.jpg

Mame2.jpg

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can supply dats easy as but they are the same as MAMEdOX 1.1 ive just totally redone the launcher interface and none of the game playing engine is changed, I could put back in light gun but id have to up game engine then. This front end would work on HK$ version as well and if he supply source I could add all his functions in easy as. Basically I found it complexed to do sorting of roms and it looked scrappy so I cleaned it up.

Raiden drivers have been put in but it doesnt run, sorry speed and mem not enough :( need to wait till xbox360 id say. Becuase later games wont run right like powerdrift and galaxy force ive opted to keep same dat so all games still work fine as I cant find many if any glitchs in them.

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

******OK BETA ******should make your front end tider and easier to use, copy over exsisting MAMEdoX files with stuff from these files and it will be converted. Ill need feedback on this for it go any further, take care

http://www.thraxen.com/BritneysPAIRS/Frontend.rar

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

• 1 month later...
I see HK released a new build with many more options, im about to release a new build with many options gone...... I know this sounds bad but it will be reskined and alot easier for normal people to select roms in a far more intutive way

It should work alot easier and be pretty (and chokemanic may help with PM3 skin, hope he does),

a few changes are :

stuff like Year if sorted by year is displayed unless viewed by Name as its only needed then if you hold Y to fast find.

Sort methods are Now only Name, Year, Most Used and Type.

Many other changes have been made to make it easier for people that want to sort and pick roms and dont want a million options on the front interface to confuse them. Oh coarse the options in the menus are very large. Best of all the mod will be a 2-3 megs and you get to keep intact all your old rom set. Its 90 percent finished now, experenced people can ask for beta so I can tune it alittle more for everyone.

Take care

Mame1.jpg

Mame2.jpg

Are you still working on mamedox with tear screen issue ?

I could compile it anytime, asked for people to test on xboxscene as I use a total diff build than what I would do for public. EG roms are all renamed. If you want to test I can compile it but most use HK build by looks and I personally dont like it but I will never be even capible of adding all the stuff he has I only wanted screen tearing gone and an easy to choose interface.

:)

I could compile it anytime, asked for people to test on xboxscene as I use a total diff build than what I would do for public. EG roms are all renamed. If you want to test I can compile it but most use HK build by looks and I personally dont like it but I will never be even capible of adding all the stuff he has I only wanted screen tearing gone and an easy to choose interface.

I wouldn't mind testing it

I did some skinning and I tidied all the back end menus from all there old legacy rubbish to make a clean interface. Pics are at the top of the new skin. And I might have a surprise for you guys we will see if the mystery man fixs the mystery but if he does he will be god to me, also repaired light gun