Success on Disc ID Utility v12 (slim model) PS2!

1Emulation has another worldwide exclusive for everyone today! General Plot has Personally tested and confirmed the Disc ID Utility (DNAS Disc ID Checker) working on a slim model Ps2 with Swap Magic 3.3! This is the first successful report EVER! We have included a Video and Screenshots. -_-

ps2versioninfo0ns1xt.th.jpg

According to the attached screenshot of a post on ps2nfo.com, the Disc ID Utility will not work with any PS2 version 9 or above. The attached video shows it working correctly with my version 12 (SCPH 70012) slim model. I'm not sure if it's the newer version of Swap Magic (my version is 3.3), but I get successful results using Disc ID Utility v2.0.

(click here)

ps2pic29bi.th.jpgps2pic37th.th.jpg

Video Information

Video size: 320x240 (1700kbps)

Audio: 44100hz, 16bps, 2ch (224kbps)

Length: 0:00:59

Bitrate: 1959kbps

»» Download Now!

NOTE: Video was directly recorded from TV Input into Computer.

The Disc ID is also known as the DNAS. If a PS2 game is copied as a backup, the Disc ID becomes corrupted, but the game will still work. However, if the Disc ID is corrupt, then online play (if the game has it) will not work, as the server checks the DNAS of the game before allowing it on the server. By using the Disc ID Utility, you can get the DNAS of your original game before you back it up, then you can jot the ID down and use a patcher to patch the ISO before burning it. This allows for backups to be played online. I was in a chat earlier with auMatt (an author for PCSX2), where he told me nobody had ever gotten the ID utility to work on any model above v8. According to him, mine is the first to report it working correctly.

• 11 months later...