How many controllers or consoles have you broken?

Alpha

For me, its 0!! But I know for many of you its like 10 or 20 :lol:. I like to keep my systems in mint condition and if something hits it, lets just say my face is glued to the console to check for anything wrong (scratches, paint discolerment). However, I have returned my Nintendo 64 like 20 times till I was satisfied. :D

So how about you?? :):lol:

i havent really broken any consoles, but many dont work anymore. i guess from over use. :D ive gone through 4 nes consoles, 2 snes, 1 genesis, and 1 psx. my working consoles at the moment are my ps1 and ofcourse my gamecube. i treat them both like gold, cleaning them both on an almost daily basis, but with my luck, it probably wont do any good. :)

I busted a few in my time ranging from nes snes atari and even a lightgun.

But the one pad NO MATTER how hard i tried or how mad i got with it, the "mega drive" pad would not die.

After about 4 years of abuse i think it got a teeny weeny rattle inside of it and that was it.

I never really broke a system. But, I went through a good number of Atari 2600's back in the day. I chalk it up to poor quality machines. All of the other systems which I have owned, and still own work. From the C64 to the PS1 and everything in between!!

My ex-wife got upset with me once and threatened to throw out my megadive and mega-cd 1 (the one that stacked on top of each other). I called her bluff and she threw it outside onto a concrete path.

For the truly amazing part afterwards, it still worked fine all the damage suffered was a couple of scratches on the underneath of the mega cd.

So hats off to sega for outstanding build quality

Not too many control pads. I broke a Snes control pad when I was cutting up the wires to use it on my Dreamcast for Dreamsnes. I also broke a Saturn controller when I fell out of bed on top of it :)

I used to go through Amiga joysticks like crazy. I always used to either snap the shaft or the switches for the directional control would stop working. They were pretty crap quality though so it's not all my fault :D. The good thing was that you can use Megadrive pads with the Amiga, so I ended up just using that because they are pretty unbreakable.

I forgot somebody jogged my memory.

I once busted an arcade button, it was wrestlemania im sure of it no matter how hard i taped i could not win the final round of the dam thing ted debeasa got his head kiked in no doubt so i started thumping it out of frustration i hear a sound and that was it thew button stayed "depressed".

I alos busted my snes in the year of 96 [when england wore beat on penalties in the semis of euro 96]

So i played germany on hard to get revenge unbeliveably i got beat i was so mad i stood up and launched the snes pad full pelt at my sness it wahmaed the "eject" button and it wne black [the screen]

It cost £20 to get it fixed i was without my snes for at least 2 weeks, when i got it back germany NEVER beat me again :)

• 3 weeks later...