PC stuff

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why is itunes so hot anyway?

Apparently because it's affiliated with Apple and iPod... that gets a big fanbase on its own.

i have to agree to that so bad

i use window firewall, sygaet firewall and my d-link firewall

i also have ffdshow, i really dunno what it do, but somebody on this site told me to get it, i use norton anti- virus corperate version

i also have ffdshow, i really dunno what it do, but somebody on this site told me to get it

That was most likely me, since I'm very pro-ffdshow.

yeah, i think it was you

anyway the reason i have 3 is because i don't feel safe enough and all 3 of these seems like crappy firewall but combined they do much better(i think) plus for some reason i can't use zonealaram also i don't want to try other firewall, too much work is needed to find a good firewall,

if you don't do much downloading and you're wise enough to judge a site "suspicious" you don't really need a virus scanner or any of that crap

Don't kid yourself, I just fixed a co-workers computer, and put a fresh install of Windows 2000 on it for him. The ONLY website I went to, was the Windows Update site and MSN.com (Default homepage when you open the browser). I wound up fighting with 4 trojans and about 40 different pieces of spyware to regain control of the PC (ALL the resources were eaten up).

Normally before even going online, I'd get NAV installed so this sort of thing doesn't happen, but I was doing this at 1am and not thinking too well.

Proof that Windows, just simply connected to the internet, is extremely vulnerable.