GTA for PSP will only work with Firmware 2.0

L.S.D

This piece of news is taken from PSPUpdates

Grand Theft Auto: LCS - Only on 2.00 Firmware

After multiple emails from users confirming it, we are confident to post that Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories will ONLY work on PSPs running 2.00 firmware. It will not work with SXT version changer, Fastloader, UMD Emulator, No Update UMD Starter, or any other version switcher / workaround type program. Looks like your only choice is to upgrade to 2.00.

Keep in mind that you can still use the 2.00 eboot loader to run SOME homebrew on your PSP even with 2.00 firmware.

This might be bad news for those using iso loaders and homebrew like me :blink:

Edited by L.S.D

Don't worry, I'm sure some guy will find a way to circumvent it. I think people should be worrying about the ISO size since it'll probably be bigger than 1GB. Good luck ripping the game for you guys who like to have a "backup". :blink:

alot of the emulators don't even work on 2.0 yet.

I think only NES and GBC work with 2.0.

I'm not that into GTA to upgrade right now, maybe later I dunno.

Hey guys. Not posted for a long time. But you can get a version changer. goto WAB and download the version changer. Follow the instsructions and it tricks your 1.5 psp to thinking its running version 2.00. It works, as i used it after i downgraded my 2.00 version.

So you can enjoy all the latest releases and still emu's and homebrew.

version changer doesn't work with GTA.

niether does swapping discs. if you want GTA, you have to upgrade and I am not doing it.

I wouldn't use anything from WaB/SxT if my life depended on it, damn scamming crybaby bastards.

I wouldn't use anything from WaB/SxT if my life depended on it, damn scamming crybaby bastards.

Well said, Inky.

Anyway, I just upgrade to Firmware 2.0 to play GTA.

And I really didn't regret it. Very enjoyable. DOing a drive-by while

listening to the Bollywood radio, preaching the cleansing of souls :)

Now, I just need to find a copy of Hot Shots: Open Tee. My gf love this game and we can't play it now now that I have upgraded :P

it seems that Rockstar has found a way to integrate all their game programme to the Firmware 2.0. This would mean that most future games will have this feature, rendering ISO loaders useless now.