Find your Mac ID

JaJa

http://www.akkit.org/misc/index.html

Latest entry is a utility to view your firmware and so find your mac ID.

Doesn't work in GBAMP + flashme (worked on mine), but GBAMP and passme and wifime and all that stuff works. Your MAC ID is the last 2 bytes on line 30 and first 4 on line 38 IIRC.

Edit: modified to make it a little more correct.

Edited by JaJa

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought everyone knew about the new loaders?

Older homebrew would need the loader prepending, but alot of the new stuff (well since june) doesn't. It wasn't very wide spread news, but what you going to do ::shrugs::

Prehaps if i can be bothered, i'll redo all the old homebrew with the new devkitarm and ndstool.

(3).nds (new demos)

Same as (2), but there is loader in "unused" space of the NDS header. Sadly, many GBA flashers mess up the NDS header thinking it's a corrupted GBA header. Hence, if your GBA flasher sucks, you will need to use a loader as in (2).

Works on GBA flashcard directly if your flasher doesn't suck. Also works with a loader.

from ndshb.com

I told sgstair this on #dsdev, but anyway.

A typical (DSgoo and DSspeech).nds.gba file has $??Qi??!=?? in the first few bytes.

Jason-Bardeys-Computer:~ jason$ cat /Users/jason/Desktop/NDS\ ROMS/misc/DSSpeech/DSSpeech.ds.gba

.?$??Qi??!=??

and

Jason-Bardeys-Computer:~ jason$ cat /Users/jason/Desktop/NDS\ ROMS/misc/DSGoo\ y\ Headspin/DSGoo.ds.gba

.?$??Qi??!=??

Sgstairs firmware explorer has a mixture of this and the AXXE (some nds)headers

Jason-Bardeys-Computer:~ jason$ cat /Users/jason/Desktop/firmware_xplorer.nds

AXXE?HL???\f$??Qi??!=??

So try renaming the file (.nds >.nds.gba)and hope your flasher doesn't asplode the header.

Crazy damn loaders.

Edited by JaJa