WMP Problem

Rag

Hey I dunno whats wrong with my Windows Media Player but everytime I try to load a WMP video from online sources (if the player is playing out of a site on IE or something) it never works. It just says closed or something. I don't think its a codec problem because it would dl it but I'm not sure... any suggestions?

bah don't listen to these guys, my WMP runs anything perfectly (yes even ogm) and I never have problems with, besides Bullshit Player and MPC suck ass. VLC is good sometimes..

It's not about what WMP can play or can't play, since most media players nowadays will *try* to play anything you throw at them, provided that all your codecs have been installed correctly.

The problem with WMP is that it's tied too strictly to the operating system, has more bloat than necessary features, and lacks some advanced features that many people want. Media Player Alternative is a very good choice (hence the name), but the original WMP can rot for all I care.

Why help someone with a piece of software when it has been surpassed long ago by media players that look better and work better? If the person asking specifically says that he doesn't want to use other players (whatever reason that may be), then it's another matter.

WMP is in the same boat as IE and all of Microsofts garbage. JUNK that doesn't get the job done right and is intertwined with the OS far too much. No application should should be interwoven into an OS........ever.