AHHHH My new PS2 is smarter!

Shibathedog

Okay so my new PS2 is alot smarter, wtf, any fixes? heres the problem.

I used to use a Gameshark 2 V2 as a boot disc for burned games on my old PS2 that broke, This PS2, Will not boot the Gameshark 2 V2!!!

On some PS2s holding the power button after turning it on untill the game boots helps, but on this PS2, It just turns off after awhile!!!

It WILL boot the PSX cheat CD, but no matter what brand of CD-R media i put it, and no matter whats on it, a PSX game, an audio CD, whatever, it just makes clicking noises and wont read the disc!!

Time for swap magic 3? (im afraid of screwing up a modchip install, its alot harder than xbox hehe)

I know it boot swap magic 2.1 or w/e because this PS2 used to belong to a friend of mine who used that all the time. It would be nice if i could get the gameshark to boot though, i even tried booting the PS2 gameshark with the PSX one hehehe.

Its an SCPH50001/N

well gameshark v2 isn't a product supported or endorsed by sony so when they get a chance to make a new version of ps2/two, it will block the loading of the old cheat disc\s.

i personally suggest getting a pro to install a modchip as your best option but if you perfer to still swap, the latest swap magic (3.6 i think it's at) but in order to use that you'll need something to trick the eject by using slim fix or a fliptop.

best to search for sites with combos of swap magic and fliptop and such but make sure its meant for your ps2/two.

yeah i have a slidecard i cut out of an old kmart giftcard i found.

I heard 3.7 is being released soon with cheat features and some crap like USB HDD support and stuff and it was like 30 bucks to preorder at some site (the offical swap magic site linked to this place) do you think thats worth it?

I have a USB HDD but it shows up as an SCSI adaptor and then detects the HDD so is that even going to work? i would guess no.

3.6 is supposed to be like 20 right? I dont need the slide card thingies. Any good sites?

i got my swap magic 3.6 for 25 and maybe u can use ur friend's swap magic 2.1 to install exploit on ur memory card so u can use cogswap to load ur burned games

usb hd loader isn't worth your time since its slow (ps2 usb is 1.1 not 2.0) to give to a example, games with videos would be out of sync and some games load longer then using a dvd-r.

with swap magic you still need a way to trick the eject/opening the top (once you eject/pop the top, it will recheck the disc) so be sure to get either a fliptop or the slimfix tool.

alright, what i was thinking was that i would open up one of my external USB HDDs and put it in the PS2 as internal

and i got a slide card already, i should find the pic online that i used to cut one out with, it works perfectly :blink:

I think ill just get a swap magic 3.6 and find a CD image of HDLoader somewhere if i decide to do that with the HDD. Thanks for the help :banghead:

Someone PM me with good sites to buy from please, alot of these sites look shady, the only reputable ones dont seem to have the latest version or its a ripoff :/

i bought from this site http://www.gamesystemrepairguides.com/swapdsk.htm not too long ago and i think it's the cheapest u can get with free shipping. took a whole week before i got it

how does that swap magic thing work? do you need any other tools for it to work other then what the package comes with?

u need to use a slide card or a filptop to switch disc without pressing the eject button on the ps2.

slidecard: a special card that you put under the cd-tray and push the tray out.

fliptop: a special ps2 top cover and flips open so u can switch disc( kinda like ps1)

to use swap magic, put swap magic in. depending on what kind of disc u want to load (cd/dvd) u put in the same type of swapmagic disc (cd/dvd). after the disc stopped spinning or when it gets to a screen saying load program, switch the disc with the game u want to play and press x to start the game and the disc will start spinning again.

i just got swap magic and made my own crappy fliptop by cuting the section of my cover right above the cd tray. and i taped it back on so it'll flip. i would recommend getting a fliptop but that's up to you

yeah i might grab one from that site you posted. its a good deal for the disks & the slide card.

i dont mind the card i don't really want a fliptop.

do you know if tehy ship to the u.s.?

Edited by oshisama