What are these roms?

Ash X

1) Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

Is this some lame version of kof2001 with different backgrounds? Any new charactrs or moves etc? Hell does it feature any of the movie characters? Why the the misleading name? And there's a 2003 version as well.

2) KOF 10th Anniversity Editon Unique

Whats so unqiue about this version? I already have the ultra plus, so is it worth d/l'ing yet another version?

3) KOF2004 Special edition

Hmm, is it ANOTHER kof2002 hack? And I've got a kof2003 hack which shows up as kof2004 on the title screen. Are these one and the same?

While i'm here, are Matrimlee and Sengoku any good? I gather that matrimlee is a fighting game, but what's Sengoku about?

well, the KOF series is kinda freaky to me. If you have like KOF2002, i see no sense to get 2003 or 2004. Master the chars in 2002 first, then it makes sense to get some more.

In general, besides collecting all these games, i think there are way too many fighting games. Pick some you like and train these, imho there is really no need to freak out about each KOF hack. Unless you have broadband and dont care...

Edited by Madman

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon is a hack of KOF2002.The full name is CTHD2003 so there is no separate 2003 version. New Backgrounds, don't know about moves, but a lot of palette swapping.

KOF10th: No, Ultra Plus and all those additional hacks make hidden characters playable, unlimited power etc. Useless.

KOF2004 is a a hack of KOF2003, IIRC.

Matrimelee kicks ass, but it has one of the cheapest bosses ever. Also known as Power Instinct 4, but very few people call it that. Sengoku/Sengoku2/Sengoku 3 (Sengoku Legends 2001) are side-scrolling beat-em'-ups with swords, ninja arts etc. Awesome to the max. Sengoku 3 is the best of them. Sengoku 2 has a bug that occurs in every emulator (sounds fades away after the first teleporter on Stage 1.

If you want my opinion, these hacks are worthless unless you are a collector and must have all the sets. These hacks offer way too little new substance in the form of new backgrounds, new titles screen, lots of palette swapping and maybe some moves switched around or having their commands altered. There are no new moves that have never been seen anywhere else.

Edited by Agozer