Warning: Fake PSP Unbricker

L.S.D

This is taken from PSPUpdates.com

Warning: Fake PSP Unbricker

This rumor has been spreading fast in the scene, so we decided to post this warning.

I got up this morning and saw an “unbricker” email lying in my inbox. I was impressed and followed the link to the post.

A guy named “12step” posted in the forum saying his method and Eboot would unbrick the accidentally bricked PSP, no matter what the reason and version it was. What a salvation!!! A couple of guys were yelling that this thing worked. This thing seemed really promising!

But after I downloaded it and checked the Hex code… “4D 5A” for the first 2 bytes… I wonder when PSP started to support Windows executive. You can also see the typical “This program cannot run in DOS mode.” I was curious and renamed it to.exe and… A winamp installer revealed its form.

We believe that one day a REAL unbricker will be done. But now liars, just stop hurting the unlucky users who has a bricked PSP even deeper. Let them rest in peace… or exchanged/repaired for a 2.50 one.

posted by Jeff Chen

Yeah, this is just terrible. I don't get why people do this and why they find it amusing. People need to get off their asses and run some laps. Let them find something better to do than ruin other people's lives. :)

Yeah, and btw, can I keep posting news from PSPUpdates just as long as I credit them for giving us the news in the first place?

Yes, as long as you credit them. But please, don't make this forum like an RSS feed for PSPUpdates. There is much more to talk about such as emulating games and using emulators, etc. Also new PSP games to be released and accessories.

what is RSS Feed?

And hey, you DO want some news on PSP, right? :)

I check PSPUpdates everyday. There are better sites than it and more to talk about. You can quote from them, but I don't want a new topic for every news post they have. An RSS feed is used to provide items containing short descriptions of web content together with a link to the full version of the content and updates as the content of the website updates.

what is RSS Feed?

And hey, you DO want some news on PSP, right? :)

I check PSPUpdates everyday. There are better sites than it and more to talk about. You can quote from them, but I don't want a new topic for every news post they have. An RSS feed is used to provide items containing short descriptions of web content together with a link to the full version of the content and updates as the content of the website updates.

What is the better site that you visit? I rarely go to others :ph34r: