Bird flu

suvo

What is avian influenza (bird flu)?

Bird flu is an infection caused by avian (bird) influenza (flu) viruses. These flu viruses occur naturally among birds. Wild birds worldwide carry the viruses in their intestines, but usually do not get sick from them. However, bird flu is very contagious among birds and can make some domesticated birds, including chickens, ducks, and turkeys, very sick and kill them.

This is a big thing around at the moment. Its acutually quite scary. I heard someone saying the other day it is going to kill about 40,000 australians.

My science teacher was talking about this the other day, fourtanatly though, humans can't pass it to other humans (yet) only birds can give it to humans (my science teacher said that the virus evolved and that it probably will again).

bird flu cases have been reported in romania in 3 regions now, those are being quarantined and contained, greece has reported the first human infection and it's actually gonna be quite scary.

BTW, I ate at KFC's the other day. :D

humans can pass bird flu to others if the infected person also has normal flu and passes the normal flu to another guy, bird flu is also passed when this is done.

Don't forgot this could become like SARS a few years ago, and come to nothing.

Remember for it to become a real threat it needs to mutate (or mix with human flu) so it passes to humans easily.

Shall i take some time off school until this passes? :D