SNK News Update

Wizard

Our favorite company that claims 2D isn't dead just yet is bringing a slew of titles on multiple formats.

Remember, all dates are for Japan, unless stated otherwise;

ARCADE 10/27 - King of Fighters XI

I-Mode Compatible FOMA Celphone 10/17 - Days of Memories : The Hot Summer Between Me & Her

PS2 11/23 - BEST COLLECTION Samurai Spirits Zero

PS2 12/22 - Neo-Geo Battle Colliseum

PS2 TBA/2006 - King of Fighters Orochi Collection (95-96-97)

PS2 TBA/2006 - Shin Goketsuji Ichizoku : Bonnou no Kaihou

PS2 01/19/2006 - Samurai Spirits: Tenkaichi Kenkakuten

USA XBX 11/16 - King of Fighters `94 RE-bout

Now, indiviual stuff.

front4ru.jpg

King of Fighters - Days of Memories: The Hot Summer Between Me & Her

This game was recently released for mobile phone users in Japan. SNK has ventured into brand new territory with this title. It is a dating sim featuring some of the lovely ladies from The King of Fighters franchise.

kofdom6sf.png

In case you can't tell whose who. Clockwise rotation starting from the top-left; Kula, Athena, Leona, King, B. Janet, Mai, Kasumi & Yuri

While seeing big companies doing this thing is very rare (read: Konami's Tokimeki Memorial which sells wonders in Japan dispite not having any, ahem, content of that kind), and seeing SNK Playmore do this is, very unusal and down-right strange.

The main character, who technically is you, the user, goes to "Private Pure Summit Academy." Where you meet those various ladies in various activities around the school. Your objective, to win one of these ladies' hearts', there are obstecals, such as a Rival for example. The company promises seeing them in kimonos, bikinis and school girl outfits. I can truely say, SNK, what are you doing? But I guess seeing Kasumi in something OTHER then her school girl AND her fighting oufit is a worthy trade.

newpi0ge.gif

Shin Goketsuji Ichizoku : Bonnou no Kaihou

A remixed version of the Neo-Geo title released in 2001 (Shin Goketsuji Ichizoku: Matrimelee / Power Instinct Matrimelee). This updated version includes Super Carla (Carla transforms into an older teenage version of herself), Super Otane & Oume (Otane & Oume transform into their younger teenage selves) and Super Kanji (Who seems at age more and gains super strength, increased vitality and muscles) and a brand new arranged soundtrack. Clara, Oume, Otane, Kanji, Reyji, Keith, Saizo, White Buffalo, Annie & Thinnen are confirmed for the return along with the Super versions of those characters previously mentioned.

pimm0fn.gif

Left to right: Carla, Otane, Oume & Kanji

Game is set for a 2006 release on Sony's Playstation 2 in the Land of the Rising Sun for 7140 Yen.

gou023lq.th.jpg gou071li.th.jpg gou110rq.th.jpg

SNK Playmore at TGS05 that they are developing a Card Clash title for the DS system.

SNK Playmore (Japanese)

SNK Playmore Game Page (Japanese)

Anyone miss when my posts where this informative about something?

Glad to see that these guys aren't dead yet (Thought he dating sim thing surely is weird).

SNKP right now is boarder lining doujin company, the next thing you know, they gonna release THAT kind of dating sim if you know what I mean.

Glad to see that these guys aren't dead yet (Thought he dating sim thing surely is weird).

SNKP right now is boarder lining doujin company, the next thing you know, they gonna release THAT kind of dating sim if you know what I mean.

Hahah. Well, those games do sell well in Japan.