kof2k3plus practice mode

Ash X

Ash X: You can't make newer games work with the regular Nebula/Kawaks because the games have been locked. You need to hunt down a Loader, which will remove the locks and allow you to create your custom DATs for any game.

i've found a Nebula loader, placed it into the the same folder as Nebula, ran it, and it states "unknown version of nebula". I'm using Nebula 2.25, but I've tried it with nebula 2.24, still same thing happens. I've also found a program called Romdatmaker- will this achieve the same thing or are they two totally different things? If you don't wish to discuss it on the board, could someone plz PM me?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ash X: You can't make newer games work with the regular Nebula/Kawaks because the games have been locked. You need to hunt down a Loader, which will remove the locks and allow you to create your custom DATs for any game.

i've found a Nebula loader, placed it into the the same folder as Nebula, ran it, and it states "unknown version of nebula". I'm using Nebula 2.25, but I've tried it with nebula 2.24, still same thing happens. I've also found a program called Romdatmaker- will this achieve the same thing or are they two totally different things? If you don't wish to discuss it on the board, could someone plz PM me?

There is no Loader for 2.25, but there is one for 2.24. The one you found was probably for an even older version, so 2.24 won't work with it.

Why shouldn't we discuss this on the board?

RomDataMaker just makes DAT files for you, so you don't have to write them by hand; I've never used that myself though.

So just for clarification, no-one has a King Of Fighters 2003 (any version) with a WORKING practice mode? The other rom that was giving me trouble with practice mode (SSV special) was sorted by d/l'ing another romset, so I'm thinking ther is a rom out there which has a working practice mode. Does such a rom exist?

Most likely no. My KOF2003 doesn't register the Select button in KOF2003, not do SSV or SSV Special. Like I said before, they work perfectly in other emulators; it's a bug in NRX itself and not the romsets.

Okay, I'm trying to get my kof2003 rom running in Kawaks 1.46, to see if the practice mode works. Unfortunately, it has glitched graphics on the intro screen, and hangs when I press start. Here's an screen capture of my rom:

kofcap8nh.jpg

I assume that I need to replace some of those files and/or patch them, so what are the names of the files/patches I need?