Do my eyes deceive me?

The reason why most accessory controllers fail is because of the fact they are only for one or two games. By making it a standard controller for all of their games it should do better then the accessory controllers in the past.

I can play Duck Hunt and Gumshoie all day on NES but its still only for a few games.

I loved the Time Crisis series in the arcades but I don't feel its worth it to buy the game with its light gun if its only going to be used for that one game.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see other companies stealing the Power Glove, R.O.B., UForce, Super Scope 6.

Oh I get it, it's the handhelds you're referring to huh? Nope, no touchscreen yet, but then again, we've had those at stores for a while now, I think even some ATMs have touch screens.

The revolution will probably be a success because nintendo fanboys can't see a dumbass idea when one is revealed.

Same with other fanboys.

Edited by NeuronMaster

Um, ok. *points to virtual boy*

Yeah, that was great!

Um, ok. *points to every other Nintendo device that were resounding sucesses, some of which other companies borrowed for their own controllers*

Yeah, those were great!

Those were successes becuse they were good ideas.

The Rev controller: bad idea.

It's still gonna do at least somewhat good, though, since a lot of internet nerds disagree with me, it seems.

I don't see other companies stealing the Power Glove, R.O.B., UForce, Super Scope 6.

Oh I get it, it's the handhelds you're referring to huh? Nope, no touchscreen yet, but then again, we've had those at stores for a while now, I  think even some ATMs have touch screens.

The revolution will probably be a success because nintendo fanboys can't see a dumbass idea when one is revealed.

Same with other fanboys.

No, I'm referring to the D-pad, 4 face buttons, shoulder buttons, rumble pack, and analog sticks (and you could say proper wireless with the Wavebird but I think there were good wireless PC controllers before, not sure). Actually, I don't see the touch screen being used for gaming outside of the DS and its descendants. Not every Nintendo decision is a success and not every is a failure. History has shown when they succeed it's pretty big and when they fail it's pretty minor in the grand scale of things and only brought up to mock them. But regarding the Power Glove, I love the Power Glove...it's so bad. :)

What does this mean for the Revolution controller? I honestly don't know. It's strange, yes, but I don't equate that with bad. I'm not going to claim it will be a success or not. It's not out yet. All we have to go on right now is an introduction speech and a short promo video. I (nor anyone else really besides developers) don't know enough about the controller to say it's a dumbass idea yet. It could work, it could fail. I'm just not going to blast it before I know more about it or give it a try myself. I already made that mistake with the DS. I said the touch screen was a gimmick and such a dumbass idea but I actually enjoy Meteos, Nintendogs (shutup, it's fun :(), Kirby, Castlevania, and the new surgery game looks intriguing. Those games would be tough and not as fun without the touch pad.

Um, ok. *points to virtual boy*

Yeah, that was great!

Um, ok. *points to every other Nintendo device that were resounding sucesses, some of which other companies borrowed for their own controllers*

Yeah, those were great!

Those were successes becuse they were good ideas.

The Rev controller: bad idea.

It's still gonna do at least somewhat good, though, since a lot of internet nerds disagree with me, it seems.

I'm not in the position to say it's a good or bad idea and I'm not going to pretend to either. All I can say is that I think it's an interesting idea and I'm going to wait and see how everything plays before I jump on the OMG SUCH A GAY DUMBASS IDEA or THIS PWNS HARD bandwagon.

It'll do good or bad based on the games and how well they work with the controller and if people enjoy playing it. Not because of Internet nerds disagreeing with you. Believe it or not, we are a minority in the gaming market. The regular Walmart shopper who knows nothing about the hardware is the majority and who everyone guns for. ;) Get off your high horse, you're not the final authority on what's a good or bad idea.

TL;DR: My position is that it's too early for me to claim it's a dumbass idea or a good idea. I'll let the games decide that.