Two new must-haves for gamers

ZeZu

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Quake 3 blew. However the replay value for most FPS is their online play. From what I hear F.E.A.R. really bites. The single player demo was fu nand ran great, but the full game does not work on my PC. From what I've heard Quake 4 isn't very impressive in terms of graphics compaired to Doom 3. It's slightly upgraded but nothing new.

I'm playing FEAR at the moment to justify my hopefully future purchuse of the game. But the MP still sucks balls even after the demo and the single player gets really dull 5 hours into it, only the beginning and ending of the game holds true merit. I buy Quake 4 however, seeing how I have no intention to play it's single player campainge and am buying mostly for the online content of it.

I'm playing FEAR at the moment to justify my hopefully future purchuse of the game. But the MP still sucks balls even after the demo and the single player gets really dull 5 hours into it, only the beginning and ending of the game holds true merit. I buy Quake 4 however, seeing how I have no intention to play it's single player campainge and am buying mostly for the online content of it.

I heard the online content is quite bad. Focus has been given to single player to flesh out some story from it.

i cant beleive you said Quake 3 blew

No one plays the core game lol its the mods silly ;)

im really excited about Quake 4, its why im buying a Quake 4 playing device COUGH Xbox 360. That other game ill probably get when its cheaper.

FEAR looks like its awesome single player, and sucky MP, so uhh....download...

i cant beleive you said Quake 3 blew

No one plays the core game lol its the mods silly ;)

im really excited about Quake 4, its why im buying a Quake 4 playing device COUGH Xbox 360. That other game ill probably get when its cheaper.

FEAR looks like its awesome single player, and sucky MP, so uhh....download...

*sniff* I still play vanilla quake 3.

I've heard that Quake 4 is just 3 with better graphics. I mean they just slapped q3dm17 with new textures from Quake 4. However I rather enjoyed multiplayer on Quake 3 so I'm waiting to see how similar Quake 4 is to 3.

Old Q3dm17

New Q3dm17

the mods blew too, and the mods i liked for Quake 3 were better made on Half-Life (Action Half-Life/ Team Fortress) And more people played them.

the only mod i really liked was Urban Terror it was fun to play with a couple of my friends.

Edited by oshisama

I heard the online content is quite bad. Focus has been given to single player to flesh out some story from it.

It's not exactly, bad, it's just crap balance. 10 Med packs + Slow Mo and your favorite guns, even the pistols, can kill you in 5-8 shots. Unless you like spraying like a mad man. Oh right, it is crap, because it's like Quake Team Deathmatch. You'd think with a similar formula it'd be good.

Man i'm editing my post like crazy. Raise their hands here for who bought Quake 3 for single player?

Cuz if you did, you sir, are retarded.

Edited by K`dash