my roomate the Bandwidth stealing bastard

PLasticSlug

Get a Gigabyte gaming router, it has some stuff it also includes some bandwidth tools on it so you can configure how much bandwidth everyone gets, works wonders at my LAN parties when my friend brought it over, made sure everyone was getting even speeds except for me and him.

Edit: Theres also plan 2, which is to beat him with a cricket bat.

A cricket bat? A flat piece of wood? A retarded looking game? No. Use a baseball bat. :huh:

Alot of the problem with anything eating up bandwidth, is not what it appears to be.

If you've got a 3mbit/512kbit connection, you'll surely notice when all of your upload is in use, your download speed is so slow it's disgusting.

I use Netlimiter so that an app like DC++ doesn't eat up 100% of my upload, otherwise my download speeds are so slow, that it takes 5 minutes to load a webpage.

Except tht quite a few DC++ hubs are very keen on banning anyone who uses Netlimiter. But whatever.

And you catch someone using it how? It's a seperate program......you can't detect it or prove someone is using it.

Alot of the problem with anything eating up bandwidth, is not what it appears to be.

If you've got a 3mbit/512kbit connection, you'll surely notice when all of your upload is in use, your download speed is so slow it's disgusting.

I use Netlimiter so that an app like DC++ doesn't eat up 100% of my upload, otherwise my download speeds are so slow, that it takes 5 minutes to load a webpage.

Except tht quite a few DC++ hubs are very keen on banning anyone who uses Netlimiter. But whatever.

And you catch someone using it how? It's a seperate program......you can't detect it or prove someone is using it.

Believe me, they can detect it. Even if it's a separate program. DC++ has come a long way.

I have a friend who writes DC clients all the time, and he doesnt get caught, and he has clients where netlimiter is build into his custom client, and he doesnt get detected.

so....nyaah?

It's true that many don't get caught. It boils down to how advanced tools the Ops are using in a given hub. For example, the official #gamemp3s hub has Netlimiter detection tools, as well as a number of anime/manga hubs I frequent.

Or you could simply unsubscribe him from wow. Evil, Yes... or there is another option. Find out his login and delete his character.

No, but seriously you could just talk to him and tell him if he keeps playing wow he can get a bigger download package. I dont see why you should be paying for it when he is eating all of it.