This will allow us to do...

alexa999

OK, I know this will allow to do DS -> PC -> Internet. And Visa-versa. But will it also allow wireless multiplayer homebrew? And will it be incorptrated into libnds?

if you had read the stickioes you would know that this is a library.

it is not a browser.

it allows direct tcp/ip from a ds.

there is no pc in the middle.

the point IS homebrew.

Edited by Jercos

I'd leave it open, it's a valid question.

As for what it can do, think of a wifi card for a laptop/pc. Yeah, whatever that can do, likely this will do too.

In terms of a wifi card though, I'm just providing an interface for people to use the wifi; what can be done with that is entirely up to other developers.

-Stephen

Ok sgstair, thanks for clearing things up.

Jercos: I knew it was a library, I was just wondering what its capabilities were.

sgstair: One more question, does the DS have enough range to connect to hotspots in restraunts, or your wireless router from anyone in your house? Or do you have to sit right next to your router, which would be pointless.

If you want to increase the range of of your wireless router, you can make an antennae addition out of a cereal box and some tinfoil, it'll increase the range. cut thin cardboard in a square and bend it like ( and put tinfoil on the concave part. Add two more pieces cut to fit the curve with holes in them to fit onto the antenna sorta like (| so that it slides on. Don't know if you understood that, but if you want more clarity I can put a picture up.

If you want to increase the range of of your wireless router, you can make an antennae addition out of a cereal box and some tinfoil, it'll increase the range.  cut thin cardboard in a square and bend it like ( and put tinfoil on the concave part.  Add two more pieces cut to fit the curve with holes in them to fit onto the antenna sorta like (| so that it slides on.  Don't know if you understood that, but if you want more clarity I can put a picture up.

Would this work? I didn't buy it but thats what you reminded me of.

Ya, it works, it was in popular science and I personally tried it out. It's directional but even if you point it away from your computer, most likely you will still be able to connect, but you can point it towards your living room or wherever you plan on playing your ds.

The reason I tried this was because I was having connection problems through a wall, and signal strength improved enough to get a connection where I wanted it.

I realize that wasn't what he was asking but thought it would be helpful anyway.

A bit off topic but would we be able to do streaming video eventually? Video would already have to be converted to a ds friendly format but would it be possible? Like b/w wise, I assume mp3 streaming would be a go, but have doubts if the ds could handle something like that. Would be awesome if you could access your library of movies and tv shows on your ds at any time.

I imagine MP3 streaming could be added to moonshell.

About wifi range, i was refering to the DS wifi range, not routers. Routers tend to be 150ft.

But the DS has a less powerful wifi chipset and i was wondering whether the range with sgstair's wireless was the same, less or more. If he use 1mb you can get more range, but it's slower. Most MP3 files are 160kbps so they can easily be streamed.