A Question about Samurai Showdown rpg/neo geo CD

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can one get it to run in Nebula? I've tried every which way, and it simply doesn't seem to like me. I've tried running it from my original Neo*Geo CD (not a burn), mounted an ISO with Daemon Tools, and tried using Nebula's native "load ISO" option, but each time, it does the same thing... it works fine through the intro, up to the title screen, but when I try to start the game, it goes to the "Now Loading" and just freezes. A friend of mine and I are in the process of writing up an extensive walkthrough/FAQ with item/monster translations and all that jazz (and screenshot maps, if possible), and Nebula would be a lot more efficient than the old Japanese emu we're using... which also has extremely unweildy sound. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Deuce

It's Deuce! It's been 6 years (amazing, isn't it?), and I'm still passing your LB2 movelist around. Simply great work, thank you!

As for SSRPG, I don't know why it's not working for you. I've got it going well in both Nebula 223 and 224. I think I might be able to help you out, just PM me and I'll get back to you.

In the meantime, here's a savestate *just* past the loadscreen in Haohmaru's story:

http://home.ripway.com/2005-10/481490/neocd00.STA

If that works for you, let me know and I can make savestates for all the stories.

Wow, I'm surprised anyone remembers me for that anymore. Yay, I'm a celebrity. :P Weirdness. After much tinkering, I got it to work in Nebula 2.24 by making an ISO (instead of the NRG I had mounted with DTools, or the retail CD) and loading it directly. I do have to wonder, though... what's with all the load times??? The other emulator blazed through like nobody's business.

Edited by Deuce