Direct GFX programming comes to Xb homebrew!

sammaz

Developers of SxB linux distro for xbox have achieved full hardware acceleration from the unique Nvidia xbox Gpu!!!!

What this means is that mamedox and especially FBAxxx can now take a huge leap forward in terms of performance. There is no reason now that games like Guwangerun, Gigawing, and Tengai shouldnt run at full speed.

hell, now someone could even make specific xbox emulators for mame roms like R_belmont has done with his system 22 emu...the future of xbox emulation has been given a huge present from these linux geniuses..

Thanks

link

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.p...lease_id=362187 :P

yea except that the emus go more by the cpu then gpu itself, this is especially with mame which you can tell by running an 3d game.

in other hand, maybe the homebrew ports will benefit from this since those do use the gpu more.

Yeah, exactly what I was thinking, PRican. MAME doesn't use hardware acceleration because that wouldn't be a faithful emulation of the original arcade boards. MAME's goal is to perfectly emulate the function of each chip set through software.

If the emulator for KI 2 you speak of is a port from U64Emu, then you're wrong......it IS possible.

U64Emu has hardware acceleration, it just obviously isn't used in the Xbox port right now. That obviously could change.

It could change with ANY piece of software that is dependant on the CPU, because the programmer could add hardware support if they wanted to.

Never say never, just because MAME for instance uses heavily CPU based software rendering, doesn't mean it cannot have hardware acceleration implemented. It can, they just don't want to.

I think it is only useful for those who uses sdl or other things, fbaxxx, kixxx and many other homebrews uses MS SDK and it is already been optimised with all the functions (RAM and audio/video acceleration).

EDIT : I have been a little working with a "pro" dev in D3d for KI2, we did some profiling and he did a full hardware rendering (with shaders), no gain (maybe 0.5FPS) and the profiling can t tell us anything (I didn t get it to run properly that time, I maybe could just try a second time).

Edited by GogoAckman