Apps we have wanted

Jercos

What will/would be coolest?  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

lol someone is gonna make that now, it'll sniff out unsecured wireless networks.  And it won't even look conspicuous, just some dude playing his ds hacking into your computer.  Not that they couldn't do that before with a laptop.

But now without a laptop it's even better! You're walking around, and all of a sudden a beep from your pocket. People think its a cell phone / pda / pager making the noice, then astonished that it's a DS! You load up Mario Kart / Tony Hawk / Animal Crossing / Metroid Prime and start playing. :rolleyes:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one would like to see a Calendar-app.

Support for reading and saving a local copy of ICS-files.

Maybe publishing locally saved data over WebDAV as well in a later version.

I think Mozilla Sunbird or something in that style.

The iPod have support for reading these kind of calendars on a limited display size to get an idea :P

And of course utilizing dual screens makes it even easier to present data.

For myself this would be great app as I don't have a PDA, but would very much like a calendar/event/task management helper.

• 4 weeks later...

I was thinking I'd make an application for the NDS that controlled Winamp. Most likely I'd use the Winamp telnet server and just use the DS to send commands to it over a home network. I think it sounds neat, whaddya you guys think?

This way I could sit on my bed and change the songs/movies on my desktop without having to VNC with my laptop that is on the floor next to me.

God I'm lazy.

I was thinking I'd make an application for the NDS that controlled Winamp.  Most likely I'd use the Winamp telnet server and just use the DS to send commands to it over a home network.  I think it sounds neat, whaddya you guys think?

-SNIP-

Yeah, I've been thinking the same about VLC.

It too have a built-in telnet-controll client with more =)

Aaah, it's going to be a good day when this library is out.

And tomorrow is my last day of finals, so I can finally start playing with fun stuff like this again.

Something to use the ds' touch screen as a mouse / graphics tablet!!!

;)

Thats what pebbles PC does. it's intended for PDA's but the protocal seems very simple and the pebbles team were nice enough to give me the headers that contained all the constants! I'm gonna have that done about a day after the lib comes out...

I think the coolest would be, for me anyway, an IM client; of course it would have to be compatible with MSN! I could walk around the house chatting to me mates, and that would be good. My laptop is portable, but nowhere near as portable as my DS! And I think that the DS is perfectly capable of such an application.