GameCube nearing the end?

Robert

apparently some people are forgetting certain games that prove that the censorship thing is over:

1- eternal darkness

2- conkers bad fur day

3- the game's k'dash mentioned

4- resident evil series.

5- a gazillion other violent and sexual games.

yes, like k'dash said.

thinking in 1996

and that's the problem.

nintendo has been so shoe cornered into the image of "the disney of videogames" that none of the freaking casual gamers that want to be cool above all else, would bother playing a single game on it.

hence developers not marketing for it.

i assure you, if nintendo changed their name to something else, and coupled it with an "EXTREME" marketing things (ala dreamcast) they'd probably sell alot more.

thank god they don't though.

personally, i think i'll be quite content with my snes for a few more years... it gets more gaming than my psx does.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not denying they have many violent and sexual games AT ALL

Im saying everyone else HAS MORE

that wasnt my main point anyway, my main point was Nintendo gives their developers alot less freedom

And sony loves the half-assed crap that comes out every month on the PS2 and deny us all the awesome, albit not the best looking games, not to come out on PS2 at all.

that wasnt my main point anyway, my main point was Nintendo gives their developers alot less freedom

And sony loves the half-assed crap that comes out every month on the PS2 and deny us all the awesome, albit not the best looking games, not to come out on PS2 at all.

Thats just one persons opinion.

The fact that Sony still holds the market, even with inferior hardware says a lot.

The thing is, if you want something... you will probably find it on PS2 (hell, even the Xbox has a nice variety these days).

Thats just one persons opinion.

The fact that Sony still holds the market, even with inferior hardware says a lot.

The thing is, if you want something... you will probably find it on PS2 (hell, even the Xbox has a nice variety these days).

what are you talking about?

that's not a matter of opinion, k'dash is talking about an actual policy.

first of all, nintendo all but removed all restrictions from developers.

second of all, the thing k'dash is talking about, is the fact taht sony has a strict policy against several "graphicly inferior" games.

like, the no 2d rule that almost killed Castlevania symphony of the night.

read up a bit. sony chokes developers to saturate the market with bullshit more or less, as long as it's graphically good looking.

As much as I enjoy many of the nintendo games, I'd say theres not much appeal to today's generation as there was about 10 years ago or so. Many of today's gamers has been introduced to massive violence and stuff like that and usually don't go into Mario and such. Even if the GC dies, or the Revolution turns out to be a flop, nintendo still holds reverence to some of the best games ever. (Even with DDR mario mix hahaha).

Thats just my opinion. Keep in mind I Haven't owned a next gen system and will change when xbox 360 and ps3 are out. (After all that gay testing)

There is nothing on Nintendo that i really want to play.

I hate Mario to death, i dun even know who Zelda is, and I have enough cutey, smiling faces.

i feel sorry for you. so so so SO misguided.

was your first mario game, mario sunshine by any chance?

That'd kill a man for not knowing the true historical awesomeness of Mario.

There is nothing on Nintendo that i really want to play.

I hate Mario to death, i dun even know who Zelda is, and I have enough cutey, smiling faces.

i feel sorry for you. so so so SO misguided.

was your first mario game, mario sunshine by any chance?

That'd kill a man for not knowing the true historical awesomeness of Mario.

I pity those who hate/dislike/refuse to play Nintedo games because they're to childish.