GameCube nearing the end?

Robert

yea this no surprise to me either nintendo really needs to step up in there consoles now theres alot of cmpetition wit sony and micrsoft if they want to make they are gunna have to take chances but i doubt they'll make myself i never bought a cube it didnt appeal to me as much as the ps2

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I'm afraid that most humans are quite lazy when it comes to looking for good games rather than the more FAMOUS games that are on the Playstation 2. This is probably why the GameCube is doing so badly compared with the Playstation 2.

The thing is, I didn't really think many of the Cube games were all that good, even the highly rated ones. And, yes, I own a Cube. I bought a lot of the more popular games, but they pretty much all left me disappointed. I was expecting quality that matched the N64's top titles and never felt it delivered. And I really wish people would quit acting like the PS2 has no good games... games like Ratchet & Clank and Jak smoke Mario Sunshine.. that game was crap. Not saying this is you, but I feel a lot of people who bash Sony and the PS are just bandwagoners who always like to bash the top guy becuase it's the "popular" thing to do. Nintendo can make all the original games that they want... original != good. Yeah, devs need to try new things, but some people like to praise Nintendo for their originality no matter if it's actually any good or really only appeals kids. All just my opinion of course.

Edited by Thraxen

i agree with thraxen as i'm pretty much in the same boat (bought it so i could play re4 and the other 2 re only games for gc) but now you can see things are not going thier way like when capcom annouced re4 would be coming to ps2 the month it was coming out for gc and you know that they are gonna do some extras for that version (which i hear from a friend of mine that got the re4 demo for ps2 looks and plays really well and has true widescreen and you can play in 480P!) but nintendo too has their versions of games like k'dash pointed out with mkd having 2 characters not in ps2 or xbox versions and with some ea games adding a mario touch to so to nba streets v3 and even in the next ssx (not to forget super punchout being in fight night 2).

Gamecube will comeback with the release of the new Zelda. Everyone has been waiting for this for 3 years. I still have hope for nintendo. They are the masters of gaming innovators ready to please true gamers. I'm sick and tired of the zombies that play the same churned butter made by the othe companies(with the exception of great games such we <3 katmari, DDR, and etc.) Nintendo will prevail.

About the censorship...

are you kidding? I know you have a point, and in many cases your right, but i hear all the time about Nintendo denying to release games because they dont approve of them.

And Xbox and PS2 have wayyyy more explicit games (I mean in number) And there are tons of games on PS2 and Xbox that have moaning and killing and blood, God of War for PS2 being one of them and how about Doom 3 on Xbox? (i know its not THAT bad, but its all i can think off of the top of my head, i just came back from a party :unsure:)

If Nintendo gave 3rd parties alot more freedom, i dont think it would have been nearly as bad.

Plus gamcube was mentioned in a mike jones song (or was it paul wall?) which im sure hurt its reputation XD

That Zelda game, had my attention for awhile, but its just looking less and less impressive to me right now, I bet im wrong though, ill go buy it anyway :)

About the censorship...

are you kidding? I know you have a point, and in many cases your right, but i hear all the time about Nintendo denying to release games because they dont approve of them.

And Xbox and PS2 have wayyyy more explicit games (I mean in number) And there are tons of games on PS2 and Xbox that have moaning and killing and blood, God of War for PS2 being one of them and how about Doom 3 on Xbox? (i know its not THAT bad, but its all i can think off of the top of my head, i just came back from a party :unsure:)

If Nintendo gave 3rd parties alot more freedom, i dont think it would have been nearly as bad.

Plus gamcube was mentioned in a mike jones song (or was it paul wall?) which im sure hurt its reputation XD

That Zelda game, had my attention for awhile, but its just looking less and less impressive to me right now, I bet im wrong though, ill go buy it anyway :)

HMMM, THINKING IN 1996!

I think the GC is a great system that just wasn't promoted well enough. It reminds me a lot of the Dreamcast. And the store shelves are starting to show it too. I noticed Target for one is really trimming down it's inventory -- pretty much just the big new releases like Batallion Wars and Mario Baseball. In fact, I got Viewtiful Joe 2 on clearance for $10 and Prince of Persia Warrior within is on clearance for $8.