Small issue, need advice

strikingeuphony

I've got a launch Xbox that's been going through the motions since I've had it, now it seems as if the problem is with the processor itself and fixing that seems a bit of a hassle. I was just wondering if it were possible to change the EEPROM and HDD code on the 250gig drive I installed so that I may purchase another Xbox and throw it in that one so I can leave this old Xbox that's been trying to die to rest. Anyone know? The console just freezes at the Xbox logo most times(the microsoft part that finalizes the boot doesn't show up) and it will load up the dual boot screen for FTTP if I turn it on with the tray ejected, but it won't load a dashboard. Even with the original default HD drive in there it boots right to a "Xbox needs service" screen. The way it's looking I'm hoping I don't have to FTTP 249gigs of stuff from one HDD to another one, any help would be VERY appreciated. :banghead:

You'll need the eeprom backed up from both Xboxes and mini linux distro specifically for messing with HDs called XboxHDM.

What you'll need to do is unlock the HD on your PC and disable the security on it (Done simply by unlocking it with XboxHDM), then you would lock the drive back up using the new eeprom so it matches up with the new Xbox.

Thats the simple answer, in it's simplest form. Check out the tutorials at http://www.xbox-scene.com for more in-depth information.

If you have a modchip though (and not some cheapmod) this isn't an issue. With my X3 I'm well aware I can just throw in another drive and get working.

You'll need the eeprom backed up from both Xboxes and mini linux distro specifically for messing with HDs called XboxHDM.

What you'll need to do is unlock the HD on your PC and disable the security on it (Done simply by unlocking it with XboxHDM), then you would lock the drive back up using the new eeprom so it matches up with the new Xbox.

Thats the simple answer, in it's simplest form. Check out the tutorials at http://www.xbox-scene.com for more in-depth information.

If you have a modchip though (and not some cheapmod) this isn't an issue. With my X3 I'm well aware I can just throw in another drive and get working.

I've got all that already with 2 backup disks of my old Xbox's stuff along with Slayers and the MS reset disk. I was prepared. I thought I could do that but to tell you the truth, I got a little lazy and didn't check the HDM disk options myself since I haven't used it in so long. Thanks again, I promise I won't be so lazy next time but to be honest I wasn't 100% sure so I asked. :banghead: