Is it true that some have died playing games?

garyoak99

I remember reading an article about a guy in Japan who murdered someone (in real life) for stealing his virtual sword on an MMORPG.

And another article about how lady who killed her boyfriend for playing too many online games.

I say we move to China and start an internet cafe....we'd make fortunes..

Honestly though, not moving for an extended period of time (say 120 hours..) with little to no food may just kill you, not matter what you're doing.

Thanks for being the first to post a reply to my topic! :banghead:

I don't know about that...don't the police in China have a habit of shutting down many Internet cafes for spreading supposedly anti-government propaganda? :peopleseybrow:

I don't know about that...don't the police in China have a habit of shutting down many Internet cafes for spreading supposedly anti-government propaganda?  :unsure:

Yes. Chinese authorities take action against all anti-government (preneyt or upcoming) activities. For example, I was in Beijing roughly four years ago. So, we were walking on the Tiananmen Square with our tourist group when we spotted this lone student that held somekind of a red banner. Seriously, it took less than two minutes for the police to show up. They ripped the guy's banner and threw him in the back of the police car, and strongly suggested that we don't take photographs or they would have our equipment confiscated.

I don't know about that...don't the police in China have a habit of shutting down many Internet cafes for spreading supposedly anti-government propaganda?  :unsure:

Yes. Chinese authorities take action against all anti-government (preneyt or upcoming) activities. For example, I was in Beijing roughly four years ago. So, we were walking on the Tiananmen Square with our tourist group when we spotted this lone student that held somekind of a red banner. Seriously, it took less than two minutes for the police to show up. They ripped the guy's banner and threw him in the back of the police car, and strongly suggested that we don't take photographs or they would have our equipment confiscated.

a red banner that said "Democracy" or what?

a red banner that said "Democracy" or what?

My chinese is rusty and I didn't ask. So I don't know.

The way there fixing this problem is after every 5 hours of gameplay, a msg window pops up saying "You play to much, you must rest or else your character will fail" something like that, and then your character starts loosing hp until it dies and you can't revive it back up

Thats only in china though. Damn commies.

The way there fixing this problem is after every 5 hours of gameplay, a msg window pops up saying "You play to much, you must rest or else your character will fail" something like that, and then your character starts loosing hp until it dies and you can't revive it back up

Thats only in china though. Damn commies.

eyeyeyeyeyyeyyeyey, if it wasn't for that guy who killed the other guy because of some stupid sword on a game, they probably wouldn't be regulating online gaming