Is it true that some have died playing games?

garyoak99

I seem to have read somewhere that someone in Indonesia or another Asian country died in an Internet cafe after playing a MMORPG for 96 hours without food or water.

I've also read that certain countries have curfews for playing games in Internet cafes.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that if you sit for enough hours in front of a television or a monitor that you'll develop blood clots in your legs and they'll kill you.

How many of the above stories are true? ;)

Edited by garyoak99

I seem to have read somewhere that someone in Indonesia or another Asian country died in an Internet cafe after playing a MMORPG for 96 hours without food or water.

I've also read that certain countries curfews for playing games in Internet cafes.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that if you sit for enough hours in front of a television or a monitor that you'll develop blood clots in your legs and they'll kill you.

How many of the above stories are true?  ;)

Yes....the Chinese and Koreans especially go for broke ( ie. play till you die :)) on the MMORPG's. But its a rare occurence in any case.

At least the first two things you mentioned are true. China is in the frontlines when it comes to playing restrictions in netcafés.

I say we move to China and start an internet cafe....we'd make fortunes..

Honestly though, not moving for an extended period of time (say 120 hours..) with little to no food may just kill you, not matter what you're doing.

The way there fixing this problem is after every 5 hours of gameplay, a msg window pops up saying "You play to much, you must rest or else your character will fail" something like that, and then your character starts loosing hp until it dies and you can't revive it back up

the thing that I don't get about video game issues these days are this

ratings: if most parents won't allow their adolescents to watch movies that are rated R, why should they allow them to play games rated M?

I mean, they're rated M for a very good reason and those little fuuckers playing fps games are obviously not mature enough to be playing them...at all!

but sometimes it isn't always age and/or maturity

you hear about that guy who shot up those cops in Pennsylvania I think? he was 20 years old and he's pleading insanity saying one of the GTA games influenced him; while the article said he suffered child abuse :banghead:

he was obviously mentally instable; who the fuuck let's a mentally instable person play a violent video game? it's like letting them see a R rated movie

now that I got that out of the way; these ppl in Korea

ok, supposedly in South Korea, video gaming can be a profession. They are treated like big shots and I guess they really have to maintain that status. But some of these ppl take the whole thing waaaay too seriously. They play and play all day long but forget about their health. I'm not saying they should go out and get sunlight, but damnit; at least eat something! Maybe some health drink companies like Kerns or the ppl who make Sobee oughta sponsor them at least.

Maybe some health drink companies like Kerns or the ppl who make Sobee oughta sponsor them at least.

You've stumbled upon a potentially lucrative product idea Weirdy...engergy/life drinks for extreme gamers!! Imagine how much money you'd make marketing a beverage that could sustain these so called "extreme gamers" for days upon end. :banghead:

pfftt..once someone from a marketting department from some big company gets that idea, it will no longer be mine

besides; what would one put in such a beverage? chocolate, as much caffeine as a surge/dnL, vitamin A-C, Calcium?