Maybe this link can help...

bafio

Hi!

I know you are using LWip as TCP implementation, and that having no OS under the implementation, you can't create sockets. I guess that threading can be an issue so I thought this library cold be useful to program the IRC client:

http://www.sics.se/~adam/pt/index.html

Probably you already know it, but I hope it can help ;)

Looking forward the first release so I can start playing with the code myself (once I receive my GBAMP and passme)

Bafio

Actually, I've rewritten some things and added some other code to the system and I think it will work properly with my current implementation.... note that OS != threads, and my implmentation remains non-threaded.

-Stephen

LibOGC (the Gamecube homebrew library) also uses LWIP for it's TCP/IP implementation.

When you put up on the main site you were having trouble getting LWIP to work without a native OS, I tried to contact you wil the LibOGC information (I had worked on some of the networking in it) but found that the LibOGC site was down, so I had no useful information to provide for you, other than my word that it would indeed work without an OS....eventually.

Though, now that I think of it, the LWIP implementation on the GC did seem to have some glitches with sockets. I recall I was writing a network debugger for it, and had a lot of very difficult to track down bugs when it came to establishing listening sockets (at least in the way my program wanted to do it).

I've looked at one implementation of lwip on GC, it did use an OS, I'm not sure about the one you're talking about... Either way, I'm using the most recent version ow lwIP available, so I hope there aren't any serious problems with it :lol:

-Stephen