MArio is running out of ideas...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personaly, am sick of half-assed games with the mario characters put in them

I want a new side scroller type game, or even something like mario 64, at least that didnt suck totally.

The GBA Games arent that bad though.

KI KANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!(home-run!)

Exactly, I never said the games arent fun i saying theyre seeling out, at least from the old infamous mario franchise style they had long ago. Mario 64 was the best 3d mario game and M.sunshine follows that. I just found the whole cleanup thing a bit off. :P

I personaly, am sick of half-assed games with the mario characters put in them

I want a new side scroller type game, or even something like mario 64, at least that didnt suck totally.

The GBA Games arent that bad though.

Ah someone like my own taste. All this rip offs wont do the game industry any good. If they continue this way i think, they will go down the drain soon.

With my old comp, i wasnt able to play a bunch of games, so i put them in the closer till this new PC was mine. So then i played Doom3, HalfLIfe2, FarCry, Medal of Honor: PacificAssault, Breed, GTA:SA...

And Boy, im through with shooters now. Im just sick of it.

Same goes for the current console games. all rip offs.

"Mario plugging holes in walls", "Mario driving nuts" and "Mario wanking 128" gee who can stand this ?

I found out not too long ago, that GBA is nothing more than a portable SNES. I noticed with Breath of Fire 2, i was like "Hmm looks almost like on SNES" and i took 2 screenshots, and the graphics where the same PIXELWISE. Menus altered a bit and that was it. But i dislike its low framerate, makes action games a pain to play.

Anyway, i think if the game industry wont show courage like Sega did all these years, there wont be much more than FIFA 2010, NHL 2010, NBL 2010 and Doom 45.

In the mid-term, gamers will get sick of it. Then game industry may collapse for people entering the emuscene.

On that point i think the Revolution is a big bang for Nintendo for selling old games. I may get a Revolution to play Gamecube and all the stuff of one console.

As I've been looking at DDR: Mario Mix, I start to cry just a little more. I love DDR, I have a pad and Extreme myself, and can play almost every song on heavy. The thing I'm worried about is the required skill level. I'm thinking since this is a Mario game and comes geared toward kids, it's going to be easier. The websites say it will. I'll just be sticking to DDR. :D

• 1 month later...
but dont you think it  all sounds it bit crazy!?

What happened to the mushrooms?

the adventure? Its now just games already made remixed into a mario style!

WATCH AND SEE...sooner or later

MARIO NBA: Mushroom Courtside!

um, i'm pretty sure there was an nba game on the gamecube that featured a nintendo team.

and i'm sure that ssx or something similar, the gamecube version also had mario.

and soul calibur 2, had link.

heck, i love sonic and mario.

i don't care if i see them alot, it's better than seeing alot of crap like 187 rride or die.

Nintendo's characters are the most recognizable in the industry so why shouldn't they use them? The best part about those characters is that they can placed in any gameplay situation like sports, racing, platform, and still be in character.

Good marketing on Nintendo's part.

Yeah your right, it IS good marketing, but its not good games! They are concentrating too much on marketing and making games known by using the characters than actually making a real mario game. Its pretty much like they expect everyone to buy it just because it has mario in it.

How I see it is the gaming industry is like the music industry in terms of publishing and producing.

Dev kits of current and nextgen are way too high for the obsecure yet unique game makers out there.

Don't forget licensing and just plain development costs. You have to work for the major players in the game or be bought by them.

With all these cost incurred and console units debts games are the only way the big dawgs make profit.

So they are very unlikley to break away from the status quo. Hence the cycle of fps, comic to film to game etc.

Yeah your right, it IS good marketing, but its not good games! They are concentrating too much on marketing and making games known by using the characters than actually making a real mario game. Its pretty much like they expect everyone to buy it just because it has mario in it.

I think they're fun.