Intelligent Design in schools?

STUFF

For example, most people know or have heard about the overuse of anitbiotics resulting in strains bacteria that are resistent to antibiotics. That is evolution.  Certain bacteria gained or already had genes to resist certain antibiotics, antibiotics killed off the bacteria without this resistence leaving those with the resistence less competition and able to spread more easily.

I'm actually doing that experiment for my seminar class this semester.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gryphon obviously you can not respect anyones opinions if they are different from yours and you resort to name calling. So I'm not even going to bother talking to you anymore.

I'm looking for people who can join a nice intelligent debate, and you aren't either nice or intelligent from what I see.

As for the others.

We keep going back to the point of IS creationist science Science?

Again, two groups of people with different sets of beliefs.

One group believes earth is Billions of years old.

Another group believes earth is only thousands of years old. And there was a Flood.

Now, one set of them will say there is no proof for the flood.

The other set will say there is proof all over the place.

Science is about experimenting and coming up with answers.

Evolutionists come up with their answers. And some of them are extremely hard to believe.

Creationists come up with their own answers and some of them are extremely hard to believe too.

I'm not saying any one side is right or wrong. I mean you all know which side I agree with, but I"m not gonna say it.

My point is science can be manipulated to work for you. How many times have we not seen full skelletons being built out of only a few pieces? Hell we had a full family of prehistoric humans being built out of a pigs tooth. Althought that one was SOO wrong that evolutionists admited it was wrong.

But I know it's not the first time something like it happens and it's not the last time either.

I didn't call you names. I called suvo names and I always call him an idiot because he is. Infact, he was suspended for a week for that post he made. Nice way of sidestepping my post though. I claim victory! Please don't respond to this or I will resort to name calling.

:D:lol:;):banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::devilboy:

Gryphon obviously you can not respect anyones opinions if they are different from yours and you resort to name calling.  So I'm not even going to bother talking to you anymore. 

I'm looking for people who can join a nice intelligent debate, and you aren't either nice or intelligent from what I see. 

As for the others. 

We keep going back to the point of IS creationist science Science?

Again, two groups of people with different sets of beliefs. 

One group believes earth is Billions of years old.

Another group believes earth is only thousands of years old.  And there was a Flood. 

Now, one set of them will say there is no proof for the flood. 

The other set will say there is proof all over the place.

Science is about experimenting and coming up with answers. 

Evolutionists come up with their answers.  And some of them are extremely hard to believe. 

Creationists come up with their own answers and some of them are extremely hard to believe too.

I'm not saying any one side is right or wrong.  I mean you all know which side I agree with, but I"m not gonna say it.

My point  is science can be manipulated to work for you.  How many times have we not seen full skelletons being built out of only a few pieces?  Hell we had a full family of prehistoric humans being built out of a pigs tooth.  Althought that one was SOO wrong that evolutionists admited it was wrong. 

But I know it's not the first time something like it happens and it's not the last time either.

ok... you're absolutely confused

I agree with you that we need to be open to new ideas and other theories for the progress of science. Science is just a bunch of models which we use to understand the way our world works.

Gryph called suvo and idiot because suvo was saying that it was stupid to learn darwinism, and with your theory of science, you would agree with Gryph too

I just don't like people who start doing name calling in a debate no matter what is said.

And Grypho, I did read your post, but like I said, you are not the kind of person I want to debate with. Not if that's the kind of attitude you will have.

But if it'll make you sleep better tonight, then sure, say you won, I don't really care :D

I just don't like people who start doing name calling in a debate no matter what is said. 

And Grypho, I did read your post, but like I said, you are not the kind of person I want to debate with.  Not if that's the kind of attitude you will have. 

But if it'll make you sleep better tonight, then sure, say you won, I don't really care :D

by saying that, u have just won

Ryuken, you're an idiot too. And thank you, I will sleep very soundly tonight. :D But what attitude? My reponse to your post was civil. I guess debate team wasn't a complete waste after all.

And Ryuken, you're a goddamn moron. Shut the flock up you little shithead. You expect to come into this thread and say something wrong and then have the nerve to say something like that? Dumbass.

Is that the attitude you don't like? Well tough crap. I'll be nice to your posts but I will NOT put up with stupidity like suvo and Ryuken. They have a proven track record of stupid posts, just check they're history.

flock it, I've had it with this place. Good luck to GameCop and the rest of the staff.

Ryuken, you're an idiot too. And thank you, I will sleep very soundly tonight. :D But what attitude? My reponse to your post was civil. I guess debate team wasn't a complete waste after all.

And Ryuken, you're a goddamn moron. Shut the flock up you little shithead. You expect to come into this thread and say something wrong and then have the nerve to say something like that? Dumbass.

Is that the attitude you don't like? Well tough crap. I'll be nice to your posts but I will NOT put up with stupidity like suvo and Ryuken. They have a proven track record of stupid posts, just check they're history.

flock it, I've had it with this place. Good luck to GameCop and the rest of the staff.

Wow. Way to overreact, bud.

Ok Gryph. Allow me to apologize. You are right, your response to MY post was indeed civil. But it's also going further in a direction that I do not want to go. I mean, we could argue about Creation being science or not for ever and not get anywhere.

You say the Flood left no evidence. I say the evidence is all over the place. Hell even the fossils show evidence to me. How you can see fossils of birds that got burried in a flying position. Something must have covered that bird up pretty fast. But that's the conclusion I'd come to. An evolutionist would come to his own conclusion and probably say that the bird died there in that position and was left like that for thousands of years. No one touched it or anything, it was just there and that's how it got covered up. Or something like that.

The grand canyon, the oil that we have, dinosaurs being gone all of a sudden, these are all things that we see as results of the flood. Which again, wasn't all just a little rainning as some places make it sound. In my opinion this had to be the largest storm ever in the history of the world.

But you have your opinions, and I respect them.

You see, in my opinion Evolutionists twist science so that it applies to them. I mean, they find flesh and blood cells in a Trex bone and they decide to say that it is 70 Million years old.

Now, come on, 70 Million years old? Do they even realize how long 70 Million years would be? Assuming that earth had been around that long, Would there really be any blood cells or flesh in this bone?

To me, that is just wrong. I see the science in it, I see that they found a bone with flesh and blood cells. The fact. It happened, they found it, it's there. But in my opinion, the fact that they've found this bone like this only means that maybe that anymal wasn't around THAT long ago.

But for you, you most probably have your own reasons to believe that it IS 70 Million years old. And hey, that's cool. You believe what you want, and I will believe what I want. Either way, the only thing that can be proven is the fact that the bone was found.

Same goes with most evolution theories. You can't prove them. You can give examples of what may seem like evolution, something like the Liger. Getting a tiger and a lion together and making a Liger. That just proves variation within a kind. It's not a new kind of animal, it's still a cat, just a different kind of cat.

Same with the whalphin (or whatever they call it). Dolphins and Whales are the same kind of animal.

I've seen cases where scientists actually are able to record something happen in 10 years that should happen in 1000 years according to them, and they say that this was just a fluke.

Now, here you have proof that it happened in 10 years, but you decide to say it's a fluke because it is supposed to happen in 1000 years?

How about you people take a deep breath and stop arguing for a second? This "debate" of yours turned sour pretty quickly. I'm not participating because I don't know about the issue enough.