Intelligent Design in schools?

STUFF

But see, here we are going back to saying creation is not science.  When there are also scientists who are creationists. 

We use Science.  We just have very different views of what caused something. 

Those are one guy's biased interpretations of data. If they had any merit then those would actually be published in a peer reviewed journal which they have not. Contrary to most Creationist belief, scientists are not part of a mafia trying to suppress creationism.

In a way they both need faith. 

Evolutionists believe in a big bang. Nothing blew up and created everything.  Now, not ALL evolutionists believe in it, but most do, and it is yet another thing that is taught in our public classrooms as fact instead of Theories.

Many Christians scientists who believe in evolution also have faith. They are able to separate their faith from science and allow them to coexist peacefully. Evolutionists (I can't believe I'm actually using this term) currently think that this is the best theory. It is not considered fact. It should not be taught as fact. If it is then it's the teachers' problem for not knowing the difference. I think we can all agree that our schools do no have qualified teachers for most subjects. Also, you seem to be throwing the word theory around like it's something trivial. A scientific theory is not a trivial thing. It is "a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world; an organized system of accepted knowledge that applies in a variety of circumstances to explain a specific set of phenomena. A scientific hypothesis that survives experimental testing becomes a scientific theory." It is extremely hard for something to be considered a theory.

The flood is what makes the greatest difference here.  When scientists don't take God into consideration, they are not taking the flood into consideration.  And that would change everything.

Why would scientists take in consideration something that barely has any evidence whatsoever besides religious texts?

On one side you have a group of scientists that do their research believing that earth has been around for Billions of years.  And has slowly been changing. 

On the other side you have a group of scientists that do their research believing that earth hasn't been around that long, and that there was a flood which caused a great disturbance in the world.  And different creationists scientists have their own version of just how the flood happened.  But they believe there was a flood.  Just like different Evolution scientists have their own version of how it all began.

Well, one side has tons of evidence while the other doesn't. But hey, if creationist scientists come up with something that passes the scientific method and peer review then more power to them.

So we go back to the main subject.  Why is one considered to be Science and the other one isn't?

Because one is science and the other isn't. :D Simply using scientific language and citing scientific references doesn't make something actual science. It just makes it an educated guess or hypothesis. Now what that guy has to do is test and do rigorous studies on his hypothesis. Then maybe they'll have something.

Now, lets go a little into the christians can go to private school and learn creation.

I actually went to Catholic school and we didn't learn creationism. But that's because the Catholic church has come to terms that Genesis is a metaphor rather than a strict interpretation. John Paul II wasn't that bad of a pope. Now I know that there are more Christians than just Catholics but Creationists are only a tiny minority of the rest of the Christians.

Well, Not all Christians can afford private school.  And even if I sent my kids to private school, the goverment would still charge me for Public schools.

Well, whose fault is it that not all Christians can afford private school? The parents, not the schools or the government. The government taxes you and disburses that tax money to all programs. You don't get billed for a specific program. That's how the tax system works.

Why should a Christian father be paying money so that the goverment can deteriorate his kids belief in God?

It's the father's priority to instill his kids' belief in God, not the schools. If Little Johnny's belief is deteriorated by the schools then the parents aren't doing their job.

So it all comes down to Choice.  Should the goverment be giving us only part of the theory?  Should they only be showing us one side of the argument?  or should they be letting us know of all sides and then allow us to choose whatever we want?

Or maybe such controversial things should just be left for the parents and these "Theories" should just plain not be taught and only teach that which has been proven without any doubt?

But then the parents wouldn't really do a very good job at giving us all sides of the story either.  They would just show us what they want.

Well the government isn't giving one part of the theory. They arne't giving much of either side. The public school system in most areas is a failure so outside of a little introduction there isn't much teaching going on. But in a science class only principles that have scientific basis and methods should be taught. Let Creationists do their share of testing and stuff then it can be included in science text books. Till then, I'm sorry but it has no place in a science class.

Educated parents usually produce educated children. Most parents are stupid. Most people are stupid. But still, a good parent will know how to give a well rounded education.

But I will end it with this, this is nothing but useless bickering. You won't change my mind and I won't change yours. I don't have the energy or time to devote to such posts any more. I guess we can agree to disagree now.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is stupid. Why would they have to teach students Darwin’s theory ?

who cares about darwins theory anyways.

I didn't even see this post. The reason it's taught is so we all don't come out as stupid as you. God damn you're an idiot. I mean, seriously. You're flocking stupid. This kind of ignorance just baffles me. I'm honestly shaking my head in surprise and disgust.

EDIT: And yes, I know this is blatent trolling but I really don't care.

Why should a Christian father be paying money so that the goverment can deteriorate his kids belief in God?

It's the father's priority to instill his kids' belief in God, not the schools. If Little Johnny's belief is deteriorated by the schools then the parents aren't doing their job.

Fucking signed (with Ryuken's blood no less). While Intelligent Design is a theory (a wacky one imo), it conflics on the golden rule that seperates church from state (Which for some reason, applies to very few things these days).

Then again, I'm in Canada.

But seeing Americans go off like this is great entertaintment.

Yes, that was such a good trolling moment.

I also can't accept the fact that we evolved.

My uneducated theory, we just came to exist, nuff said.

While Intelligent Design is a theory (a wacky one imo), it conflics on the golden rule that seperates church from state (Which for some reason, applies to very few things these days).

Well, it should be pointed out that "seperation of church and state" is not actually in our constitution. It was just a phrase Jefferson used in a letter once.

But beyond that, you could teach "Intelligent Design" without any ties to any one religion. There are a lot of religions that hold that belief. It's just that people in this country seem to get their panties in a twist over anything to do with some form of Christianity. As much as people like to whine about Christians these days, the people doing the whining are almost always just as hard headed and narrow minded. Anyway, I don't believe the "Intelligent Design" idea, but I've got no problems with the idea being taught, but maybe that belongs in a class other than science. What class would that be? World history? I don't know., but you get the point.

Anyway,  I don't believe the "Intelligent Design" idea, but I've got no problems with the idea being taught, but maybe that belongs in a class other than science.  What class would that be?  World history?  I don't know., but you get the point.

I agree with this. And the rest of your post but mainly this. I think Intelligent Design is a great topic to be discussed in philosophy or history or theology.

Fucking signed (with Ryuken's blood no less). While Intelligent Design is a theory (a wacky one imo), it conflics on the golden rule that seperates church from state (Which for some reason, applies to very few things these days).

Then again, I'm in Canada.

But seeing Americans go off like this is great entertaintment.

Yes, that was such a good trolling moment.

I also can't accept the fact that we evolved.

My uneducated theory, we just came to exist, nuff said.

i agree with u, there's already so much goning on in life what's the point of taking side in all these thoery, none of them is solid enough anyway

I'd also like to point out that "evolution" is both a theory and a fact. Some of the mechanisms are theory, much of the evolutionary tree is theory, etc... But that evolution occurs is a fact. There are many examples. For example, most people know or have heard about the overuse of anitbiotics resulting in strains bacteria that are resistent to antibiotics. That is evolution. Certain bacteria gained or already had genes to resist certain antibiotics, antibiotics killed off the bacteria without this resistence leaving those with the resistence less competition and able to spread more easily.