Japan and other cultures

L.S.D

I really have to agree with taratata. Many european countries are becoming more an more 'americanized', for better or worse. Especially Northern Europe, France, Monaco, Italy...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soccer? That's all racist.

soccer is racist now?!?

George Bush doesn't care about Soccer! :rolleyes:

Edited by garageink

Jeez, I give up. Take what you want from my posts and don't take what you don't want. I don't care. But don't be trying to make me sound racist or close minded. EXCUSE me if I say America, it's a term that we use here. English people are always saying "Mate" I don't go around complaining that I don't want to procreate with them.

Now, there are a couple of things you can all complain about. Tell me how English people are not the only ones that say "mate". And complain about how I keep saying "here" when I refer to the U.S. of A.

Hey now you can complain about how I can't expect everyone to know what the abbreviations U.S. of A. are and that I should spell out the full thing.

*sigh*

Anyway, to try and stick to the subject I will let you all know that I really don't know if I should get a micro or just one of the new SPs.

pppftt..everyone's racist

you ever seen how on anime some black ppl are drawn? or on almost anything japanese?

then over here, we have the GTA games with stereotypical blacks, hispanics, and italians

among other things...

you'd think the whole "OMG THAT'S RACIST" thing would've died out years ago wtf

P.S: call me a coco, but I don't care much soccer; or any sport for that matter :rolleyes:

Edited by Weirdy

P.S: call me a coco, but I don't care much soccer; or any sport for that matter :rolleyes:

That's why you're obese and they call you "Fat Albert" :-P:P

EDIT: Topic has been split into new thread from "GameBoy Micro" thread.

Only one cuban resturant tarata :-P. Send me a cuban sandwich im in dire need of one :rolleyes:!!!!! Besides that, stuff, almost everyone here is latino, and none of us talk about soccer until the conversation is brought up by one who loves soccer. Also, FIFA, its rare to see some one down here know wtf it is, exept for those that are in the schools soccer team of course (and that number is very low, at max 30 out of 4000 students). Most of us play either fighting games, or FPS games. Its all cool though ^.^.

Funny to see that the thread has been dissected by a master surgeon :P

Jeez, I give up.  Take what you want from my posts and don't take what you don't want.  I don't care. But don't be trying to make me sound racist or close minded.  EXCUSE me if I say America, it's a term that we use here.  English people are always saying "Mate"  I don't go around complaining that I don't want to procreate with them.   

Now, there are a couple of things you can all complain about.  Tell me how English people are not the only ones that say "mate".  And complain about how I keep saying "here" when I refer to the U.S. of A.   

Hey now you can complain about how I can't expect everyone to know what the abbreviations U.S. of A. are and that I should spell out the full thing.   

*sigh* 

Anyway, to try and stick to the subject I will let you all know that I really don't know if I should get a micro or just one of the new SPs.

No problem, mate :rolleyes:

I just said that out of respect for the americans on this board that don't have US citizenship (mostly canadians, but not only).

Learn how to make the difference between race and culture, learn that multiculturalism isn't a US exception and it'll be fine. As an added bonus, you may even learn what "Only in America" really applies to. You'll see there's not much (well of course there is, just like in any country. But these specific things are mostly habits, not great ideological traits. Even the "we're the centre of the world" feeling applies to many people, in many countries).

Drake: I could try to send you a sandwich, but it'd be in a pitiful state when you'd receive it :-P

About japanese culture and videogames, I can only speak about my personal experience. I knew two japanese girls (sadly they went back to Japan). They considered videogames as a freakish activity. Disturbing when you hear that from a japanese person for the first time, isn't it?

We don't want socca, we want sugar glazed apple pies. They blow any "socca" out the damn water.

The reason people refer the U.S. as "america" and maybe not "usa/us" or whatever is because "usa" stands for "united states of america" so we say america, because if we were to say "Yeah I live over in the states" only somebody with a military background or some mundane knowlegde would comprehend the statement.