Japan and other cultures

L.S.D

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Japan is just a lot more stable than us. Mostly because it's just one Culture, so mostly just one way of thinking.

Here, we have a bunch of cultures so things are very different.

You usually have the white kids who tend to really be into First Person Shooters. Then there are the black kids who are into totally different games. Things like Need for Speed underground and Grand theft Auto. Then there are the Latinos who are really into things like Soccer. And then Asians who are really into their RPGs.

Obviously I'm not syaing these people only play these kind of games, I'm saying that's how the market sorta splits.

Japan is mostly Japanese, and they seem to love their thinking games.

Japan is just a lot more stable than us.  Mostly because it's just one Culture, so mostly just one way of thinking. 

You usually have the white kids who tend to really be into First Person Shooters.  Then there are the black kids who are into totally different games.  Things like Need for Speed underground and Grand theft Auto.  Then there are the Latinos who are really into things like Soccer.  And then Asians who are really into their RPGs. 

Obviously I'm not syaing these people only play these kind of games, I'm saying that's how the market sorta splits. 

Us like you and me (or him)? Or us like U.S.A.? It's the internet man, not everyone is in the States ;)

I also have real doubts about being able to classify people based on their race... I'm not black and I love GTA :D A race doesn't make a culture, a country does. Even if it's a mixture of cultures, it ends by blending up.

And if you really want to make a difference, I'm sure rich black people from Boston have a lot more in common with rich white people from the same city, than with poor black people from L.A.

Culture however is something different, and japanese people have a really different culture. They're not single-minded though. I had japanese friends a few years ago, they blew up all my cliches.

Sorry if I sounded a little harsh, but I just hate this kind of classifications.

EDIT: I almost forgot about the GBM :unsure:

It looks really nice, but way too small. I feel the GBA SP is a little too small to play comfortably, I can't even imagine that one. It looks really nice though. It would make a great miniature movie player while taking the train or the tube.

Edited by taratata

I'm not trying to classify anyone. I'm just saying for the most part that's how it goes. Obviously not all white kids like FPS, not all latinos like Soccer.

It's just an example of how we have a lot more diversity here than in japan. That be all.

Japan is just a lot more stable than us.  Mostly because it's just one Culture, so mostly just one way of thinking. 

You usually have the white kids who tend to really be into First Person Shooters.  Then there are the black kids who are into totally different games.  Things like Need for Speed underground and Grand theft Auto.  Then there are the Latinos who are really into things like Soccer.  And then Asians who are really into their RPGs. 

Soccer? That's all racist. I live in a prodominatly hispanic/mexican city and alot of the guys that I know(well football players) play alot of football games like madden or whatever, and there are a few that are into like need for speed under ground and crap.

Pay no attention to STUFF's post. It's just a bunch of close minded stereotypes that are wrong. I know plenty of people of all races who play all types of games. The only accepeted stereotype is Koreans and MMORPGs and StarCraft. :unsure: kekekekekeke ^___^

Geez people, wtf part of "Obviously I'm not saying these people only play these kind of games" are you all not getting?

i understand you and i don't think that's stereotyping or being racist, it's just the truth, just look at how game company market their games and where they sell their games.

Thank You!

That's all I'm trying to say. It's just a fact. More of certain people play certain types of games. Not saying they ALL do.

And I'm not saying it's a bad thing either. I love the fact that we have so many different cultures.

Only in America can I go out and eat Pho, followed by an Horchata, then after that go get myself a Cafe Cubano, then later go eat Pizza and end the night with some Krispy Kreme Doughnuts.

Thank You!

That's all I'm trying to say.  It's just a fact.  More of certain people play certain types of games.  Not saying they ALL do. 

And I'm not saying it's a bad thing either.  I love the fact that we have so many different cultures. 

Only in America can I go out and eat Pho, followed by an Horchata, then after that go get myself a Cafe Cubano, then later go eat Pizza and end the night with some Krispy Kreme Doughnuts.

???

Did you EVER get out of America?

Within 500m of the place I live in, there are at least:

5 asian restaurants

1 asian supermarket

5 kebabs

2 morrocan bakeries

1 cuban nightclub

1 russian restaurant

2 pakistanese restaurants

countless pizzerias

countless irish, canadian, english, etc... pubs

... and there are lots more that I don't know about or have forgotten.

Note that I don't live in America (America as a continent that is, as America isn't a country. I guess that in your previous post you meant the USA).

I may not be able to eat Krispy Kream doughnuts, but can you eat socca? I guess not. I bet you don't even know what that is.

Have a nice day and may God (if it's not just a very powerful tool to control people) may enlarge your views.