running saturn emulator

I have downloaded

SSF 007_alpha_12

Girigiri_gav_lite

Satourne V1_1

Bios Eng, Jap. US

Ok which one should i use and how do i get them started i want to try out the

SSF since it (probably is the best emulator around) runs most games.

But when i try to to start it i get a message and everything is in jap. i think anyways its strange help plz...

Links to how to would be good.

Thx

There is basically only one BIOS for the Saturn, but multiple revisions of the same BIOS. The set region more or less dictates what languages the BIOS Menu will use. Since SSF is a japanese emulator, it defaults the region to Japan. Change it from Options --> Peripherial --> Area Code. There isn't much to tweak.

SSF is by far the best there is right now, but Satourne might be able to emulate some games better than SSF (I'm looking at Guardian Heroes).

There is baasically only one BIOS for the Saturn, but multiple revisions of the same BIOS. The  set region more or less dictates what languages the BIOS Menu will use. Since SSF is a japanese emulator, it defaults the region to Japan. Change it from Options --> Peripherial --> Area Code. There isn't much to tweak.

SSF is by far the best there is right now, but Satourne might be able to emulate some games better than SSF (I'm looking at Guardian Heroes).

But i cant even get it to start whenever i start ssf i get a pop-up screen some funny jap writings and i have to press ok then the emulator closes... :D

CPU-Z shows various information about your computer, as well as the extra instructions supported by the processor (MMX, SSE, SSE2, 3DNow!, etc.)

or you could just tell me what processor you have.

• 2 weeks later...
amd athlon 2800, 2,08ghz, 512 ram

that ok!?

Well, there you have it. Athlon's only support MMX and 3DNow! instructions, Athlon XP's support MMX. SSE and 3DNow!, and Athlon 64's MMX. SSE, SSE2 and 3DNow!

Chankast requires at least SSE.

But emulation of the Saturn isnt advanced much is it ? I dont believe there are a lot of games playable, if any.

Plus you need a quite powerfull PC, so before you consider upgrading, consider the real thing again. Its cheaper

But emulation of the Saturn isnt advanced much is it ? I dont believe there are a lot of games playable, if any.

Plus you need a quite powerfull PC, so before you consider upgrading, consider the real thing again. Its cheaper

It has advanced quite a bit, thanks to the likes of SSF and such. However, the fact of the matter remains that every Saturn emulator renders everything in software (like the real console does) which is why emulation is so slow. So yes, one needs a behemoth of a computer to run the games at full speed.

Yeah, an actual console is still the better option... if you can find one. I sure as hell can't.

an actual console ? :D I meant he rather gets himself a real Saturn off ebay. I got all my consoles there besides my SNES, which i got on fleamarket. Never saw a Saturn on fleamarket tho, but there are heaps on ebay, last time i checked. Should get one with round buttons so its modchip compatible

Edited by Madman