Cheapest supplies?

SuperKoopa

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The deal with wireless routers is... they're nice to have. The wifi should work with any card though, provided you can pipe the signals through it to where you want (say, internet connection sharing to allow internet access from a wifi card)

a router won't be necessary though, a wifi card in ad-hoc mode should work just as well (don't worry about how to configure it yet, if you don't know, tutorials will probably come out shortly after the release :D

-Stephen

A router is cheaper? really? :) just watch for deals; in the US you can fairly regularly get a generic wifi card of some sort for only $10-20

-Stephen

Stephen, what are you doing, still answering the post here? Go code that awsome library, you will have a big credit in my first application.

I think that I will do a mail client... or a kind of wrapper for gmail...

Now get working! :D

Alright, get ready for a giant SuperKoopa's cheapest-supplies-he-could-find list! Yay! Now I need someone to tell me if all of these will work.

CompactFlash Card - (I couldn't find a 16 or 32 but this is cheap?) Will it do?

CompactFlash Reader/Writer? Will this write? - It says it can write, "from one media type to another, making it easy to transfer images from one card or camera to another." Tell me if it can work!

GBA MP + Super Passkey w/ Box - It's a given.

Wireless Router - This is the cheapest Router I could find, considering I couldn't find anything except laptop WiFi cards. It's possible that my grandpa could let me have one of his D-Link fairly expensive routers, as well. No matter how I look at it though, I'm going to get a Wireless Router for DS WiFi with Mario Kart DS and Animal Crossing: Wild World.

So that's it, replies thanked in advance!

-SuperKoopa

Yes, if you don't want moonshell and MP3's then 64mb is fine. But watch out for the el cheapo cards as some don't work (i know my bytestor don't).

That reader is out of stock, and i've seen cheaper.

Try this reader by Lexar is cheaper and reads more cards (future proofing).

Yep, you'll need that GBAMP and superkey.

There are really cheap wireless USB cards out there.

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=wirele...oogle&scoring=p

Froogle is good.