jibberish

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is no browser.

This is just an API for homebrew developers to access the WiFi hardware and use the lwip TCP/IP stack.

The only program that uses it so far is the IRC test program that is being worked on with the TCP/IP implementation.

The ds wifi library is just an interface to the internet, but it's likely someone will port a browser of some sort to it not long after it's release, although that may just be lynx or some text based browser initially.

-Stephen

Dovoto said he would look into porting Dillo to the DS. I don't know whether he's going to stick with it or not. At 350 kb in size, it wouldn't be that big of a deal for the DS to run. The only potential issues are with RAM.

A WAP browser will work nicely but I think we have a bit more screen real estate for regular browsing if we turn the DS on the side and use 384x256.

I'm sure a lot of Dillo's dependencies can be removed like GTK, bzip2, networking stuff, Linux stuff, GCC stuff, etc. The only ones really necessary are the image parsing stuff. Besides, one of the strong points of Dillo is that it uses little dependencies. I really see no reason to worry.

Look.

The DS has wifi capabilities. No one knows how to use them. There are no docs from Nintendo or source code or anything. Sgstair uses his mind and brute force to find out how the wifi capabilities are used.

While he's not making a browser, he's making a browser possible.

When he's done finding out what to write to where, he'll release a nice library which will make it easy for other homebrew developers to make programs and games which use the wifi capabilities of the DS.

Hope that cleared things up.