Do you need a GBA flash cart?

Mobadass

I think you mean a CF card, because that's what you'll need extra when buying a supercard. 

there are two types of supercard:

SD, and CF.

i have an sd version but i hear the cf version works better for say.. dslinux? (WTC i don't care about an sram filesystem... all i got it for was to have a portable colossal cave!)

• 1 month later...

What GBA Flash Card do you recommend as the best? (and hopefully cheapest :thumbsdown:)

I am curious, though - will I ever be available to do something to the degree of using my laptop's WiFi card to allow my DS to use its 'Download Play' function into just downloading and playing my game instead of having to load it via a GBA Flash?

Also, is there any progress on this sort of thing? (making it so we don't need a GBA Flash cartridge)

That'd flash the BIOS - something I'm not too fancy with :-) 

Are there no projects working on cracking the encryption that the DS uses for Download Play or something? 

its a rather big key...(i think it was 2048 bits or something like that)

seeing as how cracking time increases exponentially, that would take a lot more that twice a 1024 bit key... i think its just too big a job right now. though a big distributed effort might do it...

:thumbsdown:

Yeah, true - forgot that it was such a large key!

Now that the Nintendo USB WiFi thing is out, perhaps that can be used or something of the sort? Perhaps, somehow, when Stephen gets his multiplayer functions all setup, there will be a way that we will be able to send our game via downloadable play to a friend?

Also, if i end up having to get a GBA Flash Drive, which would you suggest as the 'best'?

Edited by codemaster

Yeah, true - forgot that it was such a large key!

Now that the Nintendo USB WiFi thing is out, perhaps that can be used or something of the sort? Perhaps, somehow, when Stephen gets his multiplayer functions all setup, there will be a way that we will be able to send our game via downloadable play to a friend?

Also, if i end up having to get a GBA Flash Drive, which would you suggest as the 'best'?

If you are low on cash, get the passme and gbamp from dspassme.com:

$40

If you want romz and cruft and future expandability(e.g. big homebrew), The supercard from hopebuy.com:

SD $49 or CF $40 plus superpass $15

M3 I have no idea about, so it might be good might not. it looks pretty good though.

89.95 from divineo.cn

I have personally purchased a supercard sd and a gbamp and used both the superpass and passme(thought:i plugged the passme into the supercard into the ds but no it still needs a real game at the end....) and i would recomend the gbamp for the sole purpose of dslinux because it works very well for that. for anyone else i would recomend a supercard SD or CF. :):):)