MMORPGS

AndymaN

So do any of you guys know what good MMORPGS are out? Free or Pay 2 Play.

Final Fantasy XI

Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst

Everquest 2

World of Warcraft

City of Heroes

Ragnarok

What else is there? What is seriously a game I should get into?

I've played FFXI, PSO:BB, WoW, and RO. Those games are already out of the question.

Is CoH good? How about Everquest? I want to play a really fun MMORPG. :huh:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been playing FFXI for almost 2 years now. Well, more like a year and a half.

I think the only way to trully enjoy an MMORPG is to not get too obsessed with it. To not try to be the best. To not try to be the ultimate level so fast.

You try to do those things, and it'll bore the crap out of you.

I should have had a couple of jobs at level 75 (ultimate level in ffxi) but all I have is a level 60 white mage. Because I don't play THAT much and when I do play, I rather enjoy walking around helping newer people more than leveling. I actually hate leveling. But I do it sometimes to try and become stronger so I can help more.

Some people get too much into MMORPGs though. It's sad. Whenever I log in, I know there are some people that will be there. No matter what time I seem to log in, they always seem to be in the game.

FFXI btw, from what I hear, has the best story for a MMORPG. It's not that great of a story when you begin, but after Rank 6 it really gets interesting. And then they made Chains of Promathia which is a awesome story in itself.

It honestly depends on what you are looking for...

If you want a easy, less time consuming MMORPG...

Play something like WoW.

If you want something hard, that takes time and dedication...

Play something like FFXI.

I've been playing FFXI for atleast a year and a half.

I went through my first account, decided I wanted to try a few others Online RPGs... (I tried them all... WoW, GW, EQ2, etc) It only made me realize how much better FFXI (atleast for me).

It's not an easy game... Everything takes time and patience. But it also has the best community I've ever seen. Also takes a lot of skill to do your job right. Also has the best story in a MMORPG... yes and actual story, lots of quest and missions... not just mindless level grinding.

WoW is my first try with any MMORPG, and I'm having a great time with it. I chose it because I have a couple of friends who play it, and we group up from time to time. I might try a couple of others once the fun with WoW wears off, but for now I'm content with it.