Kof kyo archive

bogard81

I just downloaded for the 3 rd time this archive.The others 2 give me enough troubles(because they where corupted) but this one works.But i have another problem with this one.The files in this archive(it's a cue image of the game in it) ar writen in japanese.I can extract the file from it because it is named with japaneze letters.It apears with strange and weird signs.when i want to extract it winrar or winace gives me an error:"the specified path it is not valid".I use the repair archive option in winrar and there are no problems;the archive it's good.I think i need a packet language for windows so there it will be no problems with seeing japanese words.Or somhow to renamed the files in the archive(but this is not possible).Or what?

Edited by bogard81

This is a common problems for "western" Windows that don't use SHIFT-JIS (or any other east-asian font locales for that matter). A way around this is to change the language of Windows to japanese and then restarting the system.

Microsoft made an alternative method called Microsoft AppLocale that temporarily changes the locale of a specified program, and people don't have to rebbot their computers everytime they want to use a program that uses alternative font locales.

• 1 month later...

Bobdrakke: I would appreciate it if you would post the information in the CDD ragarding the first few sessions. (Open it in notepad and copy paste).

Also, what is the exact error that Daemon Tools gives?

btw, you can take a screenshot of the window notifying you of the error by holding ctrl+alt and pressing the "Print Screen" keey (usually next to F12), which will put the image into the clipboard. Then you can open paint or any other image editor, go up to edit and paste

Make sure that the CCD and the IMG has the same filenames (not the extensions of course)

Make a CUE file yourself and try mounting that instead of the CCD.

FILE "Name of the image.img" BINARY

TRACK 1 MODE2/2352

INDEX 1 00:00:00

If the game still hangs or you are missing music etc., then scath this and we'll go back to analyzing the CCD. Was the Daemon Tools error a "TOC mismatch"?

Re DT error: No just says "unable to mount image. Image size mismatch"

DT ver 3.47

cue file below

FILE "King of Fighters Kyo [sLPM-86095].img" BINARY

TRACK 1 MODE2/2352

INDEX 1 00:00:00

TRACK 2 AUDIO

INDEX 1 64:23:64

TRACK 3 AUDIO

INDEX 0 65:51:42

INDEX 1 65:53:42

TRACK 4 AUDIO