extraction error

djbvirus

Ive managed to download baed 1 in newsgroups and when I extract the iso I keep getting this message after the extraction gets to 100%.”ERROR: C:/Documents and settings\BeepBeep\Local Settings\Temp\Rar$DI3.8375\BAED.iso The archive is either in unknown format or damaged” I ran all the par2 files in the newest version of quick par and everything checked out ok. Is there something else I should try?

I'm not an expert, but you could atleast try using different iso extraction tools.

What do you use to extract the isos?

After having problems before, I started using c-xbox tool for extracting isos.

It's worked out flawless for me so far.

I may have even had that same problem on BAED1 a few months back, that might have actually been when I got c-xbox tool.

Wait.......If you're talking about pulling the iso out of a zip file (not actually extracting the iso to it's folder structure)

Try using 7zip. I had the error problem with Family Guy series.zip. Winrar wasn't working for it. I got 7-zip and it worked perfect.

Edited by XtraTrstrL

Sorry let me clarify, yea im talking about pulling iso from the rar file. Thanks xtratrstrl, I just dled 7-tip and im tring it now, ill let u know if it works

One other question, I haven’t moded my xbox yet, whats a good and easy chip to install that i should check out?

Edited by djbvirus