Time to buy a DVD burner

Shibathedog

no software, no cables, just the drive itself...since its your first drive i recommend getting the retail version unless u got some spare cables...

I'm pretty sure OEM has cables dude. No manuals and such.

OEMs usually just come in a plastic bag. Or a box with lots of cool poppy stuff if your ordering it online.

no software, no cables, just the drive itself...since its your first drive i recommend getting the retail version unless u got some spare cables...

OEMs usually just come in a plastic bag. Or a box with lots of cool poppy stuff if your ordering it online.

I sure got all kinds of cables with mine, and it was OEM.

Okay so for software, Im going to use Alcohol 120% for copying DVDs my friend made with his DVD camera *wink* and Nero 5 for converting all my DivX movies i made with my camera to DVD format.

Is that good? Or is there any better software i should use? I dont need to make DVD menus or anything im just going to be putting DivX files and stuff as DVD format. If i can fit more that one movie ill just set each movie as a different chapter or something if it even works that way. (I know VOB files can only be.99GB but i dont think that has anything to do with chapters does it?, like each VOB has to be a different chapter?)

doesn't your pc come standard with one? alot of the newer 2004-2005 pc's have them. I do and it kicks ass but it would be nice :/ if i could get my famil guy eps to burn properly. whats a good setting on nero so that it doesnt fail?

ive heard especially good things about Plextors.

I got a free pack of Ri-Data DVD-Rs with my burner lol, pretty crappy but ill use them because im new to burning DVDs and probably screw up a few times.

Then i have a 25 pack of Imation DVD+Rs ive had lying around for a long ass time that ill use :thumbsup1:

I sure got all kinds of cables with mine, and it was OEM.

Mine came in a friking anti-static bag. Nothing else.

my pioneer 105 that i had a while back came with just a cable and in a baggy.

i use a 16x liteon now and its been good with both types of dvdr but a lil picky on mini dvd-r's which i use for gc :wink:

shibathedog don't knock ridata/ritek's, they are one of the best media you can get and are normally cheap to find online. its riteks or verbatims for me, i heard taiyo yuden being the best but my xbox, ps2 and dvd don't seem to like them much as verb's or ritek's.

avoid princo, cheapest crap you can buy and doesn't last long no matter how clean the disc is kept; consider yourself warned.