Quick Romcenter Question

XtraTrstrL

When I get a yellow chip. For incomplete, but reason is "Available in another game." Should I leave it alone, or should I import the files so it's all green. I guess my main concern is space, if I leave it alone and go back and run FBAxxx will it automatically borrow the files it should to play the game? Or will it have errors and not work. Cuz if it shares automatically I'd rather save space rather than import the files for everygame.

Thanx in advance.

:P

If it's a clone (decrypted version or alternate version of a game), it requires some ROMs contained in the parent set (considered as main set to distribute the ROMs to the alternate versions) to run. In this case, U needn't to import them to complete the clone, coz the ROMs 're also loaded in the parent set when U launch the game.

U need to set RomCenter in split-merged sets mode (go to options menu) to get the ROMs attributed to the clones only & see the clone romsets in green.

Cool stuff. Thanx guys.

Though, It never did say it "Needed" to import. Just had the yellow, so I wanted to be sure. Because if I do click fix on it, it will import. But if I leave it alone it just is yellow and says "Available in another game." I had a feeling that meant it was ok to leave it alone, but wanted to be positive.

I'm downloading the Neo-Mame32 0.95 fullset as we speak, and I'm fixing the roms as they finish downloading.

By the way, I asked in another post, should I always keep the "neogeo.zip" that comes with my FBAxxx Pro version, or should I get the one that comes with the roms I'm downloading?

Though, It never did say it "Needed" to import. Just had the yellow, so I wanted to be sure. Because if I do click fix on it, it will import. But if I leave it alone it just is yellow and says "Available in another game." I had a feeling that meant it was ok to leave it alone, but wanted to be positive.

Well, like I said before, if you have RomCenter set to "split" rom sets and the ROMS are still yellow then you will need to import because otherwise the games likely won't run on the emulator.

So, yes, you need to import those files. You can try one of those yellow ROMS to see if they work, but they probably won't. Romcenter knows the ROMS are in another game because it scanned all the ROMS and knows what you have, but that doesn't mean the emulator will know where to find them. For example, you could take the M ROM from Mslug5 and put it in Samsho5 and Romcenter will show Mslug5 as yellow and say that the M rom is "Available in another game" because it scanned every rom file and knows where it is. But if you put MSlug5 into the emulator that way then the game will give you errors when you try to run it.

If there are unknown roms in a given gameset, but there aren't any missing files/roms, is it ok to delete those unknown roms then?

Yes, you can just delete those unknown files. Romcenter moves all unecessary files to a folder called "Archive" in its install directory.

Alright, I had set it to 'split' from when you told me earlier. Games like 'poknight.zip' still have yellow. Though, I don't have all the roms in the folder yet. So I'll have to wait untill I have all the roms, then check it with 'split' turned on, and see what happens.

Thanx for breaking it down for me.

Gonna go back and add some of the older BAED3B disc roms and see if I can get rid of some of those yellows for now.