Burn Iso to cd and speed

Bobba_fat

A slight correction: The Playstation doesn't read ISOs. It reads PSX data and audio from a CD. Daemon Tools simulates a CD drive that uses CD images as a medium (since, you know, a virtual drive is virtual and you can't put physucal media in it.

When talking about PSX emulators, they recognize ISOs as a CD, since either a) emulators like ePSXe have a built-in CD image loader that makes an image act as physical media, or :huh: you make ePSXe use the virtual drive created by DT as it's CD drive. Again, software emulates hardware in this case as well.

CD/DVD images are just that, a single file that contains all the data (image) of a particular CD/DVD. No hardware can read CD/DVD images, just plain CDs/DVDs that were created from CD images.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Launch Nero, start a new project. Doesnt matter what. You can also cancel the wizard popping up when you launch Nero.

Then in Menu "Recorder" choose "burn Image". Choose the.iso file.

Insert CDR. Hit burn. Wait. Done.

Nero should identify the right ISO - format usually, unless its a non-standard-iso.

But for PSX Alcohol120% should work better, it has settings for PSX games built in

Ok i did what you said. But at the burn "folder" i have several options

determine maximum speed

simulation

write

finallize cd (no further writing is possible on/off!?)

Speed (which should obviously be at 4x or so)

write method Disc at once option or Disc at once option/96 (which means what and whic one should i choose!?)

Buffer underrun on/off!???

It says its gonna burn it as a cd-image is that the way!?

(god i feel lost :huh: )

Cool i see what you mean about the playstation option in alcohol 120

Really nice so it automatically makes the.iso psx "image" or whatever its called very nice

i have never used alcohol 120 since it seems 2 hard 2 use but if anyone could give a GOOD tep by step im willing to try

I am thinking about writing a faq 4 others so that they dont have to have same headache... lol

:huh:

Alcohol 120% is one of my favorite burning programs ever, in fact it IS my favorite burning program, (Unless i want to create a CD, because you cant, they really need to add that :huh: )

The only thing is with the pretty much 100% error-proof burning, it limits your burn speed soooooo much...It would limit my 48X CD burner down to like 16X While burning CDs, and it limits my 16X DVD burner to 2.5X while burning DVDs.

Thats why sometimes i just use DiscJuggler, which is also one of my favorites, but i dont like to reccomend it to most people because its complicating and its GUI can be really intimidating

Ok guys i did it thriu alcohol 120 and it worked almost. JAYYYYYY :D But... i think the playstation i borrowed from my friend the "disc reader(?)" it makes the game a bit unstable but it worekd throug opening screen and i almost started a game THX to everyone who helped me open my mind a little bit ^_^

Burn at slower speed. May solve unreadable discs probs in your PSX.

Something generel fyi: an.ISO is like a picture taken from the entire disk in file-format. When you burn it and open it in explorer, you should see some stuff on the disk. If you burned a DATA CD and dragged and dropped the image on it, and you see filename.iso on your disc in windows xplorer, it wont work in your PSX. I know some people have probs getting the difference.