Iwata has revealed the Revolution controller.

Gryph

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres no way its going to be as accurate as a mouse.

There are TONS of games in arcades that use this techonology and sometimes take it even further by detecting your entire body movement, its REALLY not as good as it sounds, not because it doesnt work well detecting it right, but because its just not a very fun way to play games

I don't know but I've used Gyration mouses (the technology this controller is based off of) and I found it to be quite precise although a bit odd to get used to. They have surely improved upon the technology so I expect it to be as precise as a mouse. I think some people may be getting confused and thinking you have to hold and use it like a light gun like in House of the Dead. From the write ups I've read from the journalists who have used it, it sounds like a flick of a wrist is sensitive enough (which is pretty much how you handle a regular mouse).

And I am the kind of person that thinks console FPSes are an abomination (besides GoldenEye :afro:) and regular console controllers are horrible for that genre. I won't knock it before I try it but I will go ahead and mock it. :P

Sure accuracy is great but button access is horrible, and buttons matter alot.

yeah tahst another, problem, there seems to be about 3 buttons used for actual gameplay. (about 5 if you count start and select)

Face the facts, MORE buttons are needed, there are tons of games out now where you have to use other buttons on the controller almost like a shift button to get them to do other things, because there just isnt enough buttons, sometimes its SO bad, that the console version is almost unplayable and you have to get the PC version (Nothing wrong with buying the PC version of anything though) So really, all this movement detection is doing, is replacing a joystick

So theres a joystick and 3-5 buttons depending on how you count, and an addon of another joystick.

errrrr.....yeah, that controller shell, is going to be a NEEDED accessory if this console is going to have any games, Its going to have a very small game library here in the states at least because i know of very few US game developers that are willing to be THIS innovative. It's just to big of a risk.

If nintendo was smart, they would put no region protection on the console, then im sure there would be TONS of excellent titles to import from Japan

i know of very few US game developers that are willing to be THIS innovative.

I know of very few US developers, period. Almost all game developers in this generation of consoles are based in Europe or Japan, very few are US based. Most development in the US, is by European companies with studios in the US. There are only a small handful of US based companies.

I agree with boomba. But again, im not going to make any final word untill i try it.

And yeah theres few US game developers, but most games we see here in the states are developed under a foreign company, but published under a us company, so pretty much same thing. Without a publisher there is usually no game (No one publishes their own games anymore really, its really rare)