Iwata has revealed the Revolution controller.

Gryph

I think this might alienated a lot of game developers.

Game developers want games that can be easily ported to other consoles and vice versa. I can't imagine using the controller to play NFSR or any fighting games like Tekken.

They will onyl have to make games specifically for Nintendo only.

And how do they use the controller to play old NES or GC games? I thought Revolution is backward compatible?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this might alienated a lot of game developers.

Game developers want games that can be easily ported to other consoles and vice versa. I can't imagine using the controller to play NFSR or any fighting games like Tekken.

They will onyl have to make games specifically for Nintendo only.

And how do they use the controller to play old NES or GC games? I thought Revolution is backward compatible?

I beg to differ. The new controller forces developers to think about game controls from a different angle and be innovative. Rather than alienating developers, it most likely sparks a whole new interest in designing the games.

Don't be so quick to pass judgment. As for the older games, same thing applies. I'm sure Nintendo carefully took its older games into account as well when they designed the Revolution controller.

I beg to differ. The new controller forces developers to think about game controls from a different angle and be innovative. Rather than alienating developers, it most likely sparks a whole new interest in designing the games.

He was talking about cross platform games and he is right. I'm sure you will see some unique games for the Rev because of this controller just like the DS has unique games, but cross platform games are a different story. Also, sure the DS has some interesting games, but most I have absolutely no interest in. They all seem to be aimed at the younger crowd.

Anyway, this thing has carpal tunnel written all over it. It's an ergonomic nightmare for long gaming sessions. I think this would be cool as an accessory, but I think it's an utterly horrible idea as your main controller.

Edited by Thraxen

Anyway, this thing has carpal tunnel written all over it.  It's an ergonomic nightmare for long gaming sessions.  I think this would be cool as an accessory, but I think it's an utterly horrible idea as your main controller.

I think ANYTHING with that IS controller, OR keyboard + mouse is qualified for having "carpal tunnel syndrum" written all over it.

Yeah, but this is clearly about as bad as it can get. I'm no medical expert, but imagine trying to use your TV remote to play games. My hand and wrist ache just thinking about it.

Couldn't they come up with something other than a remote TV remote type design? Why not a flight-stick style grip device that you hold in one hand. Much better ergonomics.