My day is made. Sam and Max to return!

Gryph

http://www.shacknews.com/ja.zz?comments=38668

Though it won't be officially announced for a week or so, Telltale Games has signed an agreement with Sam & Max creator Steve Purcell to make a new game series based on the dog and rabbit duo. The two comics characters were previously immortalized in 1993's classic Sam & Max Hit the Road. In a widely publicized and criticized maneuvre, LucasArts recently cancelled a sequel to that game, entitled Sam & Max: Freelance Police. Though Purcell owns the character and scenario rights to that game, all the script, code, and assets belong to LucasArts; this Telltale project is a whole new production. Telltale Games also recently finished up work on Bone, based on the comics property by Jeff Smith, which should be available for download within a few days.

WOOHOO!! And it's going to be made my TellTale Games which is even sweeter. Many guys there are ex-LucasArts who worked on the first game and some even worked on Sam and Max 2 and Full Throttle 2 till they were cancelled to make room for more Star Wars games.

Also, at that link is a little question and answer with Steve Purcell (creator of Sam and Max) about the deal.

TellTale released "Bone" today which is their first adventure game based on the Bone comic series. Try out the demo here (you can buy online there it if you like it for $20.)

YAY!! Adventure games are coming back, baby! Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit is also coming out soon.

Hopefully they wont screw it up like that ToeJam and Earl 3 game, I play it anyway because im a fan though, doesnt really have that classic genesis "radness" anymore though.

I'm looking foward to this alot, w00t w00t!!!

(Im also pissed sega killed the new Altered Beast and VECTORMAN games, VECTORMAN IS GOD!!!)