Donations Needed, Downloads Temporarily Disabled

- UPDATED EMULATION/GAMING NEWS WILL BE POSTED BELOW -

Due to server load and maintenance, the download section has been temporarily suspended. They will be back up as soon as humanly possible.

Also, if you have a buck to spare how about a little donation to this wonderful site? No amount is too little. :fish:

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience.

paypal2mf.gif

- UPDATED EMULATION/GAMING NEWS WILL BE POSTED BELOW -

from all of the forums hosted or from only this place?

By file downloads, I mean .zip,.rar,.exe, etc. 75-85% is coming from us. We have done some changes and removed the Nintendo Revolution Controller PDF files we were hosting that was getting 10-20+ downloads still a minute (even though it was a HOAX). Our Apache server just can't handle all the hits when it comes to these kind of files. I'll also have to do a server package upgrade for 1Emulation's account. We've already gone over 15GB past our bandwith and it'll probably end up being 30-50GB over. With no paying advertisements currently, the only help I can get are donations.

from all of the forums hosted or from only this place?

By file downloads, I mean .zip,.rar,.exe, etc. 75-85% is coming from us. We have done some changes and removed the Nintendo Revolution Controller PDF files we were hosting that was getting 10-20+ downloads still a minute (even though it was a HOAX). Our Apache server just can't handle all the hits when it comes to these kind of files. I'll also have to do a server package upgrade for 1Emulation's account. We've already gone over 15GB past our bandwith and it'll probably end up being 30-50GB over. With no paying advertisements currently, the only help I can get are donations.

just wondering. but does 1Emulation have Hotlink protection enabled. somtimes people tend to hotlink sites and post download links to forums or even try to add it to there own site to make it look like its there own link.

by chance i think the only solution would be placing ads on 1emulation. To keep the site running nicely. Google is abit low. so i wouldn't say just go with that.

hmm i'll see if i can donate :thumbsup1:

hmm i might have to start enabling that really soon. i've been to coughtup with other stuff.

Edited by LoRd_SnOw

yeah, I always thought it would be better to link to the main site of a file

Being that I didn't obtain that file from a website (I'll GUARANTEE you this site was the first to have it, hence the bombardment), and I don't have my own sever anymore, I had to attach it here. I'm surprised that it's still seing that many downloads though, it's been known to be a hoax for weeks now.

Hmmm... I had an idea about ads, and nearly posted it. Instead, I left it in my personal notepad. Perhaps it's time to present it to the world... let it sink or swim.

I saw the basis of this idea on another forum which will remain nameless due to so-called "illegal" content.

Given that we have many more guests vs members on at any time, I propose we have a pay-per-view advertising that only appears if you're not logged in.

Therefore, members gain an extra benefit - ad-free viewing.

As we found previously, pay-per-click is open to abuse; therefore I propose pay-per-view instead.

Included with the advertising should be a small note to indicate the ad-free status of being logged in.

What might happen:

1. Guests view ads and generate revenue

2. Guests sign up and we have more members

3. Guests give us a miss entirely.

Comments gentlemen?

Also the Paypal button doesn't work - some problem on the paypal server