Street Fighter Alhpa 3 upper

BritneysPAIRS

Street Fighter Alhpa 3 was released in Japan as Street Fighter Alhpa 3 upper with more characters. Its a dreamcaster board. It is availble on GBA (nope) Dreamcaster and PS1 and arcade is there any way to run this game that looks as good as what mame can run Street fighter alpha 3 cause I love the look of it

Cheers

the version I want with extra characters is on

PS1 (how good is it and is it running on xbox?)

GBA (looked not up to quality as you would expect with this system)

Arcade (NAOMI board unemulated on Xbox I think)

Dreamcast (unemulated on Xbox I think)

Saturn (No idea about this on xbox)

If anyone knows im wrong on any these it would be great I play street fighter alpha 3 and wondered why everyone talked about other versions being better.

:)

DC and Saturn versions are the best ones imo.

Saturn(SFZ3) 08/05/99

Arcade(SFZ3U) 1999

DC(SFZ3) 07/08/99

DC(SFZ3MM) 02/15/01

Those are the release dates for some of those. So you can see.

I recommend U to play the CPS-2 ver of the game with FBa-X, MAMEoX or Kawa-X.

Btw, if U already have the PS1 ver, it works fine with PCSXbox.

SFZ3 Upper GBA has other extra charas like Maki, Yun & Eagle, the game works fine on Xbox with Xboy Advance or Visual Boy Advance-X.

The Saturn ver, the DC ver & the Naomi ver can't work or 'R unemulated.

hmm upper being out in 99 seems odd since i think NAOMI was out around 2000 and at system16, it says it was released in 2001 and the title screen shot there points that out as well (1998-2001). heres a link to system16 i was looking at: http://www.system16.com/capcom/hrdw_gdrom.html

it plays well on the ps1 emu but from my exprience, there was one annoying thing that happens off and on that causes the game to slowdown badly and then continue fine.

this is what happend to me with the version before the latest pcsxbox so it might not do that now.

ps1 version as many ppl know has missing frames due to ps1's limited memory so some combos and such won't be same as the arcade.

Edit: NAOMI was out around 99, my bad but upper is definitely 2001.

btw, whats sfz3mm for dc?

I recommend U to play the CPS-2 ver of the game with FBa-X, MAMEoX or Kawa-X.

Btw, if U already have the PS1 ver, it works fine with PCSXbox.

SFZ3 Upper GBA has other extra charas like Maki, Yun & Eagle, the game works fine on Xbox with Xboy Advance or Visual Boy Advance-X.

The Saturn ver, the DC ver & the Naomi ver can't work or 'R unemulated.

and not to forget, the Saturn, psx, and dreamcast versions added: Fei Long, T Hawk, Dee Jay, Guile, Evil Ryu, Shin Gouki, Balrog [Mike Bison(Arcade Style)]; Balrog (Mike Bison), Juli and Juni all become default playable characters; and Karin has her own stage instead of sharing with Sakura

the cps2 didn't have enough ram for all of those changes btw, that's why capcom used NAOMI hardware

the gba version added Maki, Eagle, and Yun along with the other console characters; but only has like 2 or 3 backgrounds

Edited by Weirdy