Anyone Familiar with Linksbox?

XtraTrstrL

I know this isn't exactly an emulation topic, unless you consider linksbox a web browser emulator. Whatever.

I just wanted to know, is there a way to play videos while browsing on linksbox?

I know in options you can add file types and whatnot. I'm not sure if there's a way to get mplayer or any other program to run mpegs and avis through linksboks though.

When you click on a link to a movie file it just opens it as a text document page with scrambled code. You can save the file and view it later, but that's very inconvenient. Especially when you'd like to just watch a quick video then continue browsing on whatever topic you're on.

Anyone have any knowledge on this?

Help would be very much appreciated.

Thanx in advance.

:)

Run yourself some Linux, and use Firefox. I've never tried that myself, I find no use for my Xbox as another PC, the closest it gets to that is using XBMC for my media needs.

If you're wanting full-fledged browsing, thats your best bet though.

Ok, I have ran Linux before. After running it now I remember. The screen screws up when I go in it. And it looks scrambled, you can hit buttons and tell it's going to different stuff, but it's all messed up. And after awhile the green light on the Xbox goes orange. So, now I recall that that's the main reason I haven't messed with Linux.

I just tried X-DSL on my Xbox last night, unfortunately I have a v1.6 Xbox and there is limited support in the kernel for the Xcalibur video chip, so theres overscan.

I read some stuff on X-S about playing with FBSET values to correct it, but man does it seem like alot of work.

Someone needs to get there hands on some technical docs for the Xcalibur chip and get them to the Xbox-Linux team!

to esoteric: I hear you, I had 9-4, didn't have linksboks support though. I got xbox 9-13-05 PIMPED edition now, it has Linksboks integration again. and... :thumbsup1: it plays video files now. This answers my question.

to IJTF_Cinder, I have a 1.6 too. So doesn't make much sense to try that then I guess.