ATI Radeon or Nvidia GeForce ?

Darken

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Better' is subjective, once again. Both cards are extremely good and I dare to say that there aren't too many differences at least on those high-end cards. The problem is that there are ATi fanboys and nVIDIA fanboys, that start to tell you why ATi cards suck and why nVIDIA cards rule....and vice versa.

I can tell you this much that if you go with ATi, don't use it's official drivers, use 3rd party ones like Omega.

I have an ATi Radeon myself, and I'm quite happy with it. I could say get ATi and forget nVIDIA, but that would make me sound like a fanboy, right?

I am sort of split, but nVidia's latest cards are the best ones imo, because they take the old school SLI and GeForce 4 styles and make it awesome.

I am sort of split, but nVidia's latest cards are the best ones imo, because they take the old school SLI and GeForce 4 styles and make it awesome.

Yeah, SLI is pretty badass if you have another card.

SLI is a total waste of money. For 2 reasons:

1) only like a dozend games actually work with SLI, most games do not support SLI.

2) A single card of a better chip is usually faster than 2 cards in SLI mode. See the 7800, which is faster than 2x 6800 in SLI.

Besides that you will have more advanced features with a newer card, like Shader Modell 3 for example.

So dont go with SLI. Its a waste of money.

Besides that you should choose nvidia over Ati.

I have 5 comps all running on nvidia from geforce2 to geforce4 and one running an fx5200 while my new comp runs on a 6600gt and never had any problems with it, while i and other people i know do have (had) probs with Ati. For me all the text in windows flickered heavily, no matter what driver i used. So nvidia all the way.

Dunno the price in $, but you should prefer a GT version. Dont fall for the Turbocache stuff, this sucks major too. I got the Asus nx6600gt and im very pleased with it. Best value for your money as of today.

Besides that you should choose nvidia over Ati.

I have 5 comps all running on nvidia from geforce2 to geforce4 and one running an fx5200 while my new comp runs on a 6600gt and never had any problems with it, while i and other people i know do have (had) probs with Ati. For me all the text in windows flickered heavily, no matter what driver i used. So nvidia all the way.

Then again, I've never experienced any of the problems you mentioned.

well like agozer said the cards are similar. I have a Nvida 6600GT X2 and have had no problems. I got it at the start of the year. What ever you can pick up cheap(er) and your happy with the quality and proformance of the card just buy it