Involution of humankind

alexis

After looking at this post so many times without an answer.. there is really none. It really just shows how mankind came about in ones mind. From man-horse, man, etc. :D

this painting is about ww2 and a spanish town called guernica which was attacked by german people, you odn´t necesarily have to go to an art school, this painting is about genocide

The image gave me a really creepy feeling and the title suggested to me that mankind learns nothing from history and rather than evolving to a better/higher power, we constantly go backwards. So I think I might have got the gist of it and it's relevance to the world today is pretty stark.

Involution is just the reverse of evolution right? I should probably read some philosiphy books :lol:

yes you are right dc and it is very sad to know that we destroy everything good in this world, when i think about it i realise that perhaps because of that i have contienue studying visual arts, to create, to know that not everything is lost, that people can also construct and make of the world a better place, and while those idiots are destroing everything be are creating even more things, when they are trying to build a bigger, cheaper and more powerful bomb to kill more people in less time, you are creating a beautiful place where childlren can play

yes you are right dc and it is very sad to know that we destroy everything good in this world, when i think about it i realise that perhaps because of that i have contienue studying visual arts, to create, to know that not everything is lost, that people can also construct and make of the world a better place, and while those idiots are destroing everything be are creating even more things, when they are trying to build a bigger, cheaper and more powerful bomb to kill more people in less time, you are creating a beautiful place where childlren can play

I like the way you think mate :) Any kind of art, whether it be paintings, drawings, music, sculpture, films are all really important. Some of the most amazing things emerge from the worst tragedies...

Here is some facts for you regarding to Human evolution:

Australopithecus anamensis-existed 4.2 million years ago

Australopithecus afarensis- 3.8-3.0 mya

Australopithecus robustus 2.6-2.0 mya

Australopithecus boisei- 2.6-1.2 mya

Australopithecus africanus- 3.0-2.5 mya

Homo habilis--2.0-1.6 mya

Homo erectus-- 1.6-0.3 mya

Archaic Homo sapiens- 300,000-35,000 years ago

Homo sapiens sapiens---modern humans---100,000 to present